Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I just found this site today and registered. I bought a 2003 Honda Element yesterday that was traded last week. (the guy bought an 09 Dodge Nitro) I am thinking I got a really good deal. It's a 2003 with 52,200 miles on it...I paid 9,999. I didn't trade anything in on it. Since I didn't get it from a Honda Dealer, what would be the best way to get the history on the car? Will CarFax give an accurate representation? I have read about the windshield and door lock problems and it actually has the drivers side door lock issue right now...but I thought the mileage and the price were too good to pass up for a car I have always loved, but never owned.
Forgive me for being so new to all of this that I don't even know the exact model or color....I will learn. It's a 2wd automatic transmission and its an orange color, but I am not sure exactly which one. It's what I would call a darker orange...almost a rust color.
I plan on reading up on this site as much as possible to familarize myself with my new E! I look forward to chatting with you guys in the future!
Thanks and take care!
Tennessee Toaster:)

·
Registered
694 Posts
Congrat's and welcome to the club,

Here's a link to Honda that will help you determine the model you have (DX, EX or LX)

http://automobiles.honda.com/certified-used/2003/element/specifications.aspx

Most items show up on carfax, I know the car I traded in is listed thru the dealer now on Carfax. It did miss some of the routine services that I had done.

The color you have is SOP (sunset orange pearl). You could ask the guy you bought it from where he had it serviced. If you take it there or call the dealer or service dept. they may just tell you the info of what was done and when.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Wilkommen! I think we might be the only sight with padded chat rooms! Straight jackets are required.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Welcome. Congratulations on your purchase. Can't wait to see a pic of your E.

-g

Do you have a dog?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I echo all above! Welcome! Sounds like a great deal.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Hola and welcome. Please enjoy your stay

·
Registered
707 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Sounds like you got a pretty good deal. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Welcome- and you got the better end of the deal than the joker who traded you E on a Dodge Nitro! They'll live to regret that choice.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Can any dealers here tell me what I'm looking at to order a 2009 EX AWD MT? Can it be done and how long? Thanks...

·
Registered
508 Posts
welcome!

As you can see by the number of posts with many of your greeters - you CAN get lost while wandering around here!:-o

Have fun.:)

Enjoy the company and the E!:p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts