Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month or so,i bought a E SC 2007 but the driver seat was burnt,so i start looking in the scrap yard,but i did not find anything:x

I'm starting to think that i will have no choice to buy a new seat:twisted: that's mean a lot $$$

Is it me or i can't buy a complete new seat from the dealer? all i can find is all the parts for the seat,i don't want to buy it in pieces!?

Bert

·
Retired.
12,181 Posts
About a month or so,i bought a E SC 2007 but the driver seat was burnt,so i start looking in the scrap yard,but i did not find anything:x

I'm starting to think that i will have no choice to buy a new seat:twisted: that's mean a lot $$$

Is it me or i can't buy a complete new seat from the dealer? all i can find is all the parts for the seat,i don't want to buy it in pieces!?

Bert

Thats correct...You cannot buy a complete seat. Honda only sells them in individual pieces.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
So the entire seat burned up or just a hole? If it's just a hole, or even if it's just the foam stuff, take it to a competent upholstery shop and see what they can do for you.

Try Rockauto as well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Shop outside of your area, no need to just check local yards try others farther away. Many are willing and used to shipping and it may still cost less than fixing your seat. You might even find an EOC member in the area that will inspect it for you or maybe the yard would email photos.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I live in Quebec,and i have try all the scrap yard here and in Ontario!?

I have even try US with no luck??? what all guys are doing with their seats?

i don't know what else i could do:?

Bert

·
Registered
480 Posts
Go to a salvage and have them run it on the locator system. As another option, strip it down to the frame, take the frame and have it media blasted then painted or powder coated. Order the OEM seat covers and foam. Reassemble and enjoy.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
''Go to a salvage and have them run it on the locator system''

I did it,no one have answers:x

No problem to find a 03-06 seats but 07 and newer that's another story! samething for the roof lining...very hard to find!(my dealer here want 900$CAD + TX...:shock::shock:)

I don't see why i should powder coat it? all the seats that i saw don't have any paint,they all are on bare metal.At first view i have for at least 800$ if i want to redone my seat!!!:shock:

I took my prices there,

http://www.bernardiparts.com/

And believe me,the price are much lower in US than here in Quebec!!

Bert

·
Registered
480 Posts
Your cheapest option may be an aftermarket seat(s).

·
Registered
480 Posts
Either have I. If you want to keep it stock, you may have to pony up some $$$.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Your best bet I guarantee you at this point is a competent upholsterer, you will probably be looking at $300-400 for them to take your seat apart and reupholster it, and maybe another couple hundred for them to redo the headliner.

Now since you posted this on an open forum I'm sure you have piqued a number of interests, how did you get a car w/ a burned up seat and headliner, and aside from that surely if this was a fire it affected more than merely 2 spots?

I'd still say an upholstery shop will end up much cheaper than restoring all this damage with OEM pieces especially if they need to fix door panels, center console pieces, etc... This may be the time to consider some custom work (a full set of leather seat covers can be had for ~$700) redo the headliner in something cool.

Surely you saved quite a bit of $ on purchasing this damaged car, you had to know it was going to take some of that savings to bring it back to acceptable? Let us know how it works out, pictures tell the story even better! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
2006 driver seat

Been awhile since I checked out this forum. I forgot how helpful the members are.

I believe I found I can find a yard who might have the seat, but my fear is that I will purchase the seat and when I take it to be put in they will inform me that the air bag is not going to function.

Any heads up on questions that I can ask to make sure I get my $$$ worth. Can the yard tell if air bag is intact?

Seat going for around $200, any guess how much install would be?

I know it's been said before but how could they make such a sh***y seat material. My 98 Odyssey is still wearing better than this!

Thanks in advance, J

1 - 20 of 33 Posts