Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never purchased a new car before, and when we picked our new E at the dealer, I had a ton of questions about the break-in period since it had 4 miles on the odometer. Our salesperson's reply

"This is a honda. there's no break-in. It's built ready to be driven, turn the key and go."

I figure car companies have come along far enough to eliminate the break-in, and the owner's manual at first glance had nothing about it so while we never ever abused the car to date, we didn't change our drving habits to break the E in.

Does anyone else have a perspective on this? We've clocked a thousand miles on the odometer to date, and it's purring like a kitten.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
If you've clocked 1K on the odie, it's broken in.:D

With new cars, normal driving (no abuse) is all it takes.

·
Registered
575 Posts
If you've clocked 1K on the odie, it's broken in.:D

With new cars, normal driving (no abuse) is all it takes.
I agree. I just tried to not be to agressive with it both with the engine and on the brakes for the first 500 - 1000 miles. Then just take care of it and keep the oil changed and you should be good to go for a long time.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Does anyone else have a perspective on this? We've clocked a thousand miles on the odometer to date, and it's purring like a kitten.
You're good to go:lol:, breaking period is 600 miles, no high revs, no hard braking and varying the RPM.

Happy motoring:lol:

·
Registered
508 Posts
rambler's the MAN!

2009 owner's manual, page 198.
Read, cogitate, ask questions at EOC; in that order!

PS My HS buddy had a push-button automatic shift Rambler back in 74-78.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts