Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
EOC Founder, Admin
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda set an all-time January sales record this year. Among the pacesetters for Honda, of course...the Element with 3,725 units sold.

For more details, read the full article on our site's News page:
http://www.elementownersclub.com/news.htm

Let's see....3,725 owners - 130 members = SPREAD THE WORD!!! Let's get more of these new owners to the site!!

:D

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Yeah what is up with that not ALL the owners are on here yet, sheesh, well I will have to go do some hunting and see if I can snag some more.. ciao!

And woo hoo for the the Element Explosion & The New Honda Record Woo HOO !! :D

·
Registered
352 Posts
The part i would like to know is how many of those new E owners are over 40 like myself? :D Power to the Baby Boomers!!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
The part i would like to know is how many of those new E owners are over 40 like myself? :D Power to the Baby Boomers!!!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Lon,

I don't know, but we are close, late 30's.

Scuba diver....my wife and I got the cabanna to use while lake and shore diving, as a place to change.

Honda does not keep track of sales by age, but I would guess it was more over 40 than under 20 sales.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Honda must be keeping some kinda track when they knew they had to target the young boys.. they knew their main customers were around their 40's and many of them women..

So there must be something they have done, to know this, right?

You know they musta saw the drop in the youth customers when they killed off their primo youth vehicle the CRX... that was wicked for the kids, great mpg, cheap, yet still cool.. they the prelude went buy and somewhere around that they killed off the short lived delsol.. so anything that said youth,, they threw out, kinda bizarre eh?

·
Registered
55 Posts
site is till new. I didnt hear about until i was in a honda forum. Someone mention it to me. It will grow...I cant wait to see what others had done to their element

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking at buying an Element----I've been stalling on a car purchase for some time because nothing has excited me ---until I saw the Element. Great web site, by the way. The idea of buying a car that has a unique web community behind it is exciting, too.

My questions: The cargo doors on the passenger side----is it a hassle getting kids in and out of the back seats of the Element? Seems like the driver, or front passenger, would have to open the front passenger's side door first before the smaller back seat door is opened. Is it a pretty smooth process, and does it just get habitual? And then on the shutting of the two doors---is there some sort of failsafe device that prevents body damage in the event a kid tries to shut the big door before shutting the small door? I'd appreciate any experienced feedback on this.

Thanks!

·
EOC Founder, Admin
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As a father of two young-uns... I'm really anxious to hear about this myself.

From the looks of things, I think you always have to open both doors to get to the backseat. But that's just the way it looks from my desk. :D

Let the responses flow...

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
yes the front must be opened for the back to open.

As far as the kid concept.. with all my friends with kids... i have had many chances to witness.... if youopen the front door of any car they are crawling over your to get in anyhow.. with the ability to open the doors like this whichis very easy and comfortable, they can pile in with no problem..

on of my friends has 2 pre-teens, and they just a blast jumping in and out.

PS for the concern of the back closing on the front, (just went out to experiement) the back door plastic would hit the exterior of the front door and bounces so it is safe.. no problem! there isa good overlap too...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the responses. I posted this message in the wrong place, it appears, but am glad people are responding anyway.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yes, Lon, I am a Baby Boomer. So much so, my screen name is BoomerGer. I am over 55, and love my E. Is this the midlife crisis I was not looking forward to, and the E is making it easier for me?? :lol:

Ger

·
Registered
126 Posts
Can we get some of the graphics wizards on this site to whip up an official Element Owners Club biz card design for download, with the URL and a logo? Then, we could all print them out and stick them under the windshield wipers of Elements we see around town. Maybe a Owner's Club sticker design as well, so the people already on this site don't keep getting cards? Just an idea.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yes, that would be a good idea. When I went to the auto store the salesman told me he had a woman in the other day with an E. I was wishing there was some way of contacting her to share this website, and if we had some kind of card or sticker, that would be great! Spread the word!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Awesome ideas guys.. and yeah this would be something for TMac to see if perhaps his image expert who did the cool designs on this site might have something to put together..

Perhaps not business cards, but stickers with the site info on it, and that could be tucked under the wiper.. that way we would not have our personal info on it, and there would not need to be several hunderd different ones being made.. just one type one design.. make em in bulk to save some bucks.. well t-mac it is in your court.. smiles!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think it would be great if the admins could get some polls going. I would like to see some demographics....from at least this website.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Here's what we do, crew: We each get a license plate frame that has only the webside address on it. That way, the world will know about it. And you can get a llicense plate frame made at the swap meet or flea market for ten bucks.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Problem. Great idea but my frame has skull on it and I love it. I preffer the stickers. My last truck had enough stickers to almost be a safety hazzard. Its a fetish.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts