Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 08 SC and so far I am liking it .. professionally replacing the HU with a Clarion nx409 with accessories and a Clarion 10"drop down. Speakers are next as well as better tires ( good thing my family owns Big o Tire stores... Anyway im an avid kiteboarder so this will allow me to get to the kitebeaches.

One thing i noticed after washing it for the first time was that the front rotors are ( for me ) way to rusty on the cooling fins they are starting to discolor the mags ..any ideas on a suitable replacement front rotors - I have a 160k / 7 yr bumper to bumper ext warranty so I wonder if replacing them would not be a go idea with after market rotors..

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Welcome to the Group

proof of ownership is in the pictures..................

someone will be along shortly to answer your brake question I'm sure

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a picture of the break rotor fins ---- I dont driver her much as i have a company work van - so yes the rotor face is showing no use its the fins im looking at . 2.5 yrs and they are showing this much rust compared to my wife's car that is an 05 hers has very little rust

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
The only way I know of to stop that from happening is to have a set of new rotors Nichol plated. Other than that, you have to get stainless rotors, like those used on salt water trailers. I don't think they are made for the E.

Some of the show cars in this area have them done. It's usually done before the chrome plating. But chrome discolors with heat. So the disks get only the first part of the process.

Just go online for a plating shop near you. They will usually do a set for around 50 or 60 bucks.

Dom

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice! I'm a new owner myself (07 SC). I love your neck of the woods, I spent about 3 weeks in Vancouver in Sept. and had a blast!

Thanks i noticed your a cyclist or mtb-er

I used to work for Rocky Mountainbikes and was on their test team for 2 yrs then i was picked up by Giant of Canada and raced for them for another 2 yrs...

Now i kiteboard = little easier on the bones at my age....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes whistler and interior mountains but our west coast mountains - not so much - example today is 10 degrees out - it should be -1

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Everyone! I just joined the club last week with my 03 Orange E-EX 4WD :grin:...great little bugger to drive around our messy West Coast rain.

I am curious if there's anyone in the Metro Vancouver area that can recommend a good mechanic preferably none-dealer Honda tech. Need a few maintenance work done. You can either post the info or PM me thanks!

Long live the Element!

·
Registered
22 Posts
what kind of work?
Changing ALL fluids (Tranny, Differential, Oil, maybe coolant) and inspect brakes and suspension. I will be getting all the parts (crush washers) and new liquids (Honda OEM) over the next couple of weeks. Just need someone with more experience to maybe do all the changes in one day. Do you have someone in mind?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
yes my bosses son is a certified mechanic - dont know where he works but he takes care of our fleet of 20 work vans and works out of his garage on his own after his regular hours..would you want me to ask him he is in langley/cloverdale.

example brother in-law was quoted 1300 for a full break job rotors pads and struts from a big garage - he charge less then 800.00 with oem parts for the same job.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts