Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for brighter headlight in my 2007 Honda Element LX. This is what I have now.

Time to replace the bulbs. Does anyone have a HID/projector to purchase and install? Or a favorite and SIMPLE HID kit? What about LED kits, they are better now?

I am technical and mechanically inclined with tools, but TIME is an issue.

Even if anyone have a pair they have converted to projectors they would like to sell? (Not sure if this question is allowed? If not, please delete)

So far everything is stock as far as I know. I'm okay with relays and such.

Also need FOG lights, same questions. I'm okay installing all new wiring and a separate switch.

PS- I have a larger battery installed

TIA

·
Registered
1,469 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
You can bake the headlamps, open them and do a retrofit with bolt on projectors. Along with ds2 hid kit. It shines perfect.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a set of these coming.
I’m really curious to hear your results. Definitely pricey, but may be worth it...

To the OP. You can get decently reviewed projector lights for an E on amazon:

SPPC Projector Headlights Black Assembly with Halo for Honda Element - (Pair) Driver Left and Passenger Right Side Replacement Headlamp https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JBIBNH6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_g8F7DbFP3VKF9

I’m definitely considering them (but for the same price the led bulbs above may be the better way to go)

For fogs, I just bought a pair of these, but some fabrication will be required:

Xprite 4" Inch LED Fog Lights for 07-18 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited JK | Front Bumper Replacements 60W White CREE Led Chip Driving Offroad Foglights https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015X1EW3G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_LaG7DbXM4Y4GX

I’m going to see if I can get my 3D printer to help out with some bumper mounting brackets :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thank you for the replies, these are just the kinds of info I'm looking to find out.

LED's- yes, please let us know how your install goes. I am particularly worried about 1) Are they as bright and good as they advertise, and 2) If they will fit in our headlamps (ones with fans, too?) due to the 'boot' on our headlamps

Nice find on the projectors on Amazon. Will they fit my 2007 LX? They are listed as 2003-2006. What size are the projectors? I saw Amerilight that looked bigger, but could be the pic?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TP67D6K

Jeep Xprites...LOL. I just looked at those! Prices seem right, too. I'd be careful of 3D printing brackets, they likely will get warm, which like UV isn't friendly to PLA. I've used the carbon fiber, but when baking to cure it, it warps some- not for very fine accuracies. Let me know what you find out!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
The LED's should be here mid week, and I will post the results with pics of the beam pattern.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nice find on the projectors on Amazon. Will they fit my 2007 LX? They are listed as 2003-2006. What size are the projectors?
Jeep Xprites...LOL. I just looked at those! Prices seem right, too. I'd be careful of 3D printing brackets, they likely will get warm, which like UV isn't friendly to PLA.
As far as i know, all the "big" headlight elements are interchangeable. It isn't until you get to the SC or '09-'11 models that things are different. Could be wrong, but i'd have no hesitation to buy. They do have different bulbs than stock (H4 for the projectors vs. H7, i believe, for stock). So something to keep in mind. And my guess is that both the projector light models are exactly the same - just 2 different vendors.

Regarding the fog light brackets, my printer will work with polycarbonate, which should take care of the temp problem (and i have some cool carbon reinforced stuff, too, that should work out)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Regarding the fog light brackets, my printer will work with polycarbonate, which should take care of the temp problem (and i have some cool carbon reinforced stuff, too, that should work out)
What printer are you using? Would you be interesting in sharing your model? I can do my own slicing and gcode ;)

·
Registered
95 Posts
What printer are you using? Would you be interesting in sharing your model? I can do my own slicing and gcode ;)
I have a Qidi print X-max. Once i get the mounting bracket figured out, i'll have no problem sending the STL over. The only rub is that to get the dimensions, i'll have to pop the bumper and have it off for a while while i pull the dims, CAD it up, and print. Could likely do it in a motivated day - except for family stuff :). Being my daily, i'll have to wait until the stars align (hopefully soon).

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a Qidi print X-max. Once i get the mounting bracket figured out, i'll have no problem sending the STL over. The only rub is that to get the dimensions, i'll have to pop the bumper and have it off for a while while i pull the dims, CAD it up, and print. Could likely do it in a motivated day - except for family stuff :). Being my daily, i'll have to wait until the stars align (hopefully soon).
I sure appreciate it. I'm not in a huge hurry, especially for 3D printed stuff. Been away from it for a while. Got frustrated by all the tweaking and uncertain prints. Always seemed to get holes in my models. Haven't found software I trust for regular use. Tried several, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.

I'd like to find software I could use to quickly go from 3D printed model to undercut 5 axis cnc. I have some work for it right now, but haven't found the right parts yet. LOL

So it remains an occasional hobby for now...

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Installed the GTR Ultra II tonite. Honestly not really impressed. I expected to be amazed at the brightness.

The Vosla H4 + 100 that were in there previously, seemed to light up the road better. The LED color is too much to the blue end of the spectrum, and they were advertised as pure white.

For the price I cannot recommend these.

Pics of both on low beam, and one of the LED on highbeam. ( the halogen highbeam pic was blurry) Maybe my eyes see the yellow color better than blue. The camera sure shows the led as brighter, but in person not so much.

Beam pattern is good, hard to see in the pics. (these were taken at 25 ft from the wall)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Yes, the blurry camera shake pic is the Vosla H +100 bulbs. At one time I had 65/70 watt halogens. Those were AWESOME. They are no longer available.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, the blurry camera shake pic is the Vosla H +100 bulbs. At one time I had 65/70 watt halogens. Those were AWESOME. They are no longer available.
Thanks for clearing that up.

A few days ago I ordered a pair of Hella 9003(9003TB) from Rockauto. All I know is Hella is a good name. Not sure what the 'TB' means. Figured new bulbs would be brighter than what is in there. They only had 2 left and were $2.06/ea, under $8 with shipping for the PAIR, so I smacked the buzzer...er...order button, LOL.

Not sure if anyone has tried these, or if they are any good, but they should hold me until I figure out what to do about projectors/HID/fogs/etc. I'm planning to take a few pics like you have showing the OLD worn out bulbs vs the new Hella bulbs. Should make an interesting comparison thread. (then same with whatever final solution we come up with)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Heads up on the fog light options...over on this thread, a member is offering to do a run of custom brackets (again) if he gets enough interest. They are 'raw steel' but might be powder coated if enough people want them. I've inquired about them and what lights he offers, or if it will work with any 4in fogs, etc.

Looks like an adapter for a standard square 'single bolt mount' lamp.

https://www.elementownersclub.com/threads/fog-light-alternatives.160843/#post-1693548

If so, I have a pair of Alpena fogs like these: https://www.amazon.com/Alpena-70623-QuadFire-Auxiliary-Light-White/dp/B00UIB6HDA

..or even a set of Rigids around here somewhere, LOL.

Do the ROUND lamps just attach with bolts and drill into the fender? I only have blanks, no factory stuff to look at.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts