Honda Element Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm all for seeing better in the dark, I drive 65k+ miles a year and when the bright headlights come up from the rear it's not safe or pleasant!
It helps if they are adjusted right...

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
I'm running Auxbeam FS-2 and FS-3 LED bulbs in my '15 Pilot, and SiriusLED S3 LED bulbs in the Element. Both have great light output.

Fogs on the E - check my separate post. Highly recommend Pods.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I aimed the ultra II LED's using a white wall at 25ft. They were way too high, and this made a huge difference.

Plus I adjusted to the color of them, and now other lights look yellow. Am I $240 happier? Sorta yeah.

Took a friend for a ride and he was impressed with them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Registered
95 Posts
fantastic! Thanks so much elementent :)

07lmnt, are you still using your halogen lamps? Do you feel like running projectors would be beneficial still?

·
Registered
21 Posts
^Post of the year^ Extremely helpful, thanks!

Does the blank have to be cut or is it 2 pieces? I haven't done anything with the bumper and have limited ability to get down there (round trip isn't a guarantee some days, LOL)
Yes, it should be cut. You'll need to remove the inner fender splash shield to get access to those holes. Or at least remove half of the bolts (from front to rear) of the splash shield, then move it back to gain access, shield is thin and flexible.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I'm using the ultra II LED. I'm pretty much satisfied.
I was expecting super bright pure sunlight, so was I was disappointed at first. But getting them properly aimed made a difference. Driving on the highway next to other vehicles, they are brighter than new cars even with projectors.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Retrofitting for HID was not an easy process like I thought it would be. I learned a lot through trial and error.
Did you have to edit the wiring for these? I was actually thinking about getting the same ones. Seems like you just take off the whole headlight and install the new one. So there was more to it? 😬

·
Registered
94 Posts
The wiring is going to be different, as HID lights have ballasts and electrical relays (due to the initial draw).
It is pretty straight forward, lots of youtube vids on HID installs.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Did you have to edit the wiring for these? I was actually thinking about getting the same ones. Seems like you just take off the whole headlight and install the new one. So there was more to it? 😬
I had to outsource the wiring because it was way over my head. Having to bake and open the headlights, then paint them, then install the projectors, then reopen them because of a finger print on lens or moisture was enough hassle! The whole process is tiresome because you have to take off the whole bumper on our cars just to get to the headlights and we need our headlights to drive. If you do this mod, look into the breather valves the retrofit source sells. Aiming the projectors is tough because it can only be done at night. There are a lot of layers to this mod and I found it very time consuming.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I checked the link. Thanks for the suggestion, but they're a bit out of my price range.
Not to say that saving money is a bad thing, as I always look for the best alternative at the best price. But those lights do have a warranty of 5 years and are very easy to install.

I originally warranty replaced my PIAA halogens and had no hassles. They stand by their product and it made me a customer for life. Which is why I'm now running their LED's.

Reach out to Alan Avery at PIAA, he's the customer service manager there for more information.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking for brighter headlight in my 2007 Honda Element LX. This is what I have now.

View attachment 202544

Time to replace the bulbs. Does anyone have a HID/projector to purchase and install? Or a favorite and SIMPLE HID kit? What about LED kits, they are better now?

I am technical and mechanically inclined with tools, but TIME is an issue.

Even if anyone have a pair they have converted to projectors they would like to sell? (Not sure if this question is allowed? If not, please delete)

So far everything is stock as far as I know. I'm okay with relays and such.

Also need FOG lights, same questions. I'm okay installing all new wiring and a separate switch.

PS- I have a larger battery installed

TIA
I'm all for seeing better in the dark, I drive 65k+ miles a year and when the bright headlights come up from the rear it's not safe or pleasant!
It helps if they are adjusted right...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DYMDWW4/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_jxhhEbTE7X5CT
I've had them for about a year and they work great they're on sale for about 45 bucks and I believe they're about 4000 lumens peice

21 - 40 of 41 Posts