41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·

·
Registered
44 Posts
i'm running a pair of these s-v.4 in my cr-v and will transfer them to my new Element and i like them. a definite improvement over the regular lights. i'm also gonna add some fogs to really light things up. cheaper than the Ultra II's that some have mentioned and i just don't see how the Ultra's can be much better. the beam pattern on these s-v.4 is great and without the glare that blinds oncoming traffic. V.4 LED Headlights, H4/9003 Bulbs

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
By the Grace of God I am back. 3 surgeries and 8 months of chemo over the past 14 months....

So help me decide between these two bulb options. I'd like to buy them within the next day.

Marsauto H4/9003/HB2 LED Headlight Bulbs,16000LM 6000K Xenon White,M2 Series Hi/Lo Beam Bulb Conversion Kit with Fan

EDIT: No longer recommend Marsauto

HIKARI Ultra LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit -H4(9003), Prime LED 12000lm 6K Cool White

At https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077B3SNJR for $89.99

Both mentioned here by members. I'm not an expert at "Lumen misleading" except to know rampant exaggerations abound by vendors, lol.

I'm okay with the higher price, but don't know which is the brighter, more reliable, longer lasting, easier to install, etc ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
By the Grace of God I am back. 3 surgeries and 8 months of chemo over the past 14 months....

So help me decide between these two bulb options. I'd like to buy them within the next day.

Marsauto H4/9003/HB2 LED Headlight Bulbs,16000LM 6000K Xenon White,M2 Series Hi/Lo Beam Bulb Conversion Kit with Fan

At https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DYMDWW4 for $59

HIKARI Ultra LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit -H4(9003), Prime LED 12000lm 6K Cool White

At https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077B3SNJR for $89.99

Both mentioned here by members. I'm not an expert at "Lumen misleading" except to know rampant exaggerations abound by vendors, lol.

I'm okay with the higher price, but don't know which is the brighter, more reliable, longer lasting, easier to install, etc ?

Thanks
Another choice.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for the link. I do prefer to stay at 5000K-6000K temp color.

Since I didn't get any opinions, I ordered the Marsauto. Higher listed brightness, less money, and will arrive a couple of days earlier.

I'll post up results when we get them in and tested ;)

Im interested in the result as I would like to buy these for my daughters 2004 element. was considering the PIAA G3 the Hikari you linked and noticed the Marsauto was on sale on amazon today for $40.00 Id love to save money but my childs safety is worth an extra $200.00 if need be

thanks in advance for any updates

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Im interested in the result as I would like to buy these for my daughters 2004 element. was considering the PIAA G3 the Hikari you linked and noticed the Marsauto was on sale on amazon today for $40.00 Id love to save money but my childs safety is worth an extra $200.00 if need be

thanks in advance for any updates
I don't have before/after pics like some do, but I can say that I would buy them again in a HEARTBEAT. For the huge difference for my wife, I'd buy a set every year if I had to (not supposed to, they are reported as quite long lasting).

The difference is night and day, even with one headlight being badly cloudy. Just remember, it is a different kind of light. Old headlights are light a D-cell flashlight (non-LED), the new ones are more like "it's daytime" with nothing particularly illuminated- except signs, they are bright!

We did have to cut the rubber cup piece that seals the bulbs so the bulbs can cool using the built in fans. I cut the smallest circle and just a bit of the other so about 1/8" larger than the back of the bulb. Used a pair of heavy duty utility scissors. Easy.

I am planning to install fog lights as well, due to so many country roads. Throwing concentrated light down low near the road can't hurt. Using a separate switch so she can have them on any time she wants- high beam, low beam, while parked, etc.

We haven't noticed any flickering or radio interference or other issues with the LEDs as some folks report in various vehicles when switching to HID or LED.

Any questions, just ask ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't have before/after pics like some do, but I can say that I would buy them again in a HEARTBEAT. For the huge difference for my wife, I'd buy a set every year if I had to (not supposed to, they are reported as quite long lasting).

The difference is night and day, even with one headlight being badly cloudy. Just remember, it is a different kind of light. Old headlights are light a D-cell flashlight (non-LED), the new ones are more like "it's daytime" with nothing particularly illuminated- except signs, they are bright!

We did have to cut the rubber cup piece that seals the bulbs so the bulbs can cool using the built in fans. I cut the smallest circle and just a bit of the other so about 1/8" larger than the back of the bulb. Used a pair of heavy duty utility scissors. Easy.

I am planning to install fog lights as well, due to so many country roads. Throwing concentrated light down low near the road can't hurt. Using a separate switch so she can have them on any time she wants- high beam, low beam, while parked, etc.

We haven't noticed any flickering or radio interference or other issues with the LEDs as some folks report in various vehicles when switching to HID or LED.

Any questions, just ask ;)
Well for $40.00 shipped and ill have them in 2 days sounds like I cant loose....She also has those stock empty sockets where fog lights should be...id be interested in hearing and seeing your experiment with that...as a disabled Veteran I really cant get under there like I used to...but hey if all it takes is scissors and a bit of patience I can manage :)

thanks for your speedy response...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did my best its not a great fit with the rubber doughnut but its brighter and I feel although I cant prove I can see further and more to the sides than before....one thing is for sure the light is white and not yellow

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Did my best its not a great fit with the rubber doughnut but its brighter and I feel although I cant prove I can see further and more to the sides than before....one thing is for sure the light is white and not yellow
Looks like a good install. That rolled edge closest to the bulb in your pic...I also cut the inside edge of it away. Mine looked like yours at first, but then I though about the vents on the edge of the fans and wanted to be sure enough air could move into and out of the headlight housing.

If you want to REALLY SEE the difference, go on a wooded road with a good canopy of trees over top and on the sides. You will be able to see where and how much light is thrown. It's as if you can see "everything" but no bright spots. Until I did this and then she got used to the different kind of light, my initial thought was, "Darn, this doesn't seem brighter"

But then once you just look for the details of anything around you and see on rolling hills how far ahead you can see (watch for a road sign to start reflecting in the distance), it really pays off. Except on the road surface.

I would like more light thrown directly on and near the road surface. Lots of potholes, water, ice, sticks, etc on the roads here in PA. That is why I bought a set of Jeep LED fog lights to mount up. I haven't installed them yet, but soon ;)

The passenger light on our is pretty foggy. There is a noticeable difference in output between it and the newer one on the driver's side. To see this, turn on lights, stand in front of one of the headlights and see the changes in illumination when you move in front of out, then out of the way, in front of the other one, etc.

Give it a week and then tell us what you think about the lights. They take time to adjust to the different kind of illumination, similar to HIDs

·
Registered
2005 Honda Element LX 2WD Manual Transmission
18 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Red Tango Pearl EX
9 Posts
Anyone have any experience with Auxito led head lamps bulbs?

I just today installed these by Auxito. AUXITO H4/9003 LED Bulbs, Forward High Beam and Low Beam 80W 16,000LM CanBus Ready Beam Adjustable Mini Sized Ultra Bulbs

They look fine in the garage. I do some occasional rural driving on dark roads. I looked at the model you shared but I opted for something a little less powerful. The price was nearly identical and I found a few good reviews from other E owners. Last week I installed Auxito reverse lights. They really help with my tinted windows.

·
Registered
2005 Honda Element LX 2WD Manual Transmission
18 Posts
I just today installed these by Auxito. AUXITO H4/9003 LED Bulbs, Forward High Beam and Low Beam 80W 16,000LM CanBus Ready Beam Adjustable Mini Sized Ultra Bulbs

They look fine in the garage. I do some occasional rural driving on dark roads. I looked at the model you shared but I opted for something a little less powerful. The price was nearly identical and I found a few good reviews from other E owners. Last week I installed Auxito reverse lights. They really help with my tinted windows.
Thanks for the quick response and review, T&G!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I thought I was relatively intelligent, but..........
What's the deal with the EDIT: No longer recommend anything Marsauto
Did the OP come back and add that?
Do the Marsauto lights suck?

I'm trying to make a rational decision on replacing my Headlight bulbs,. I know I can spend $160 and get really good ones, but $70 or under is seriously attractive.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts