Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the brightest headlights I can get without doing an HID conversion? I want the super bright hyper whites or xenon or whatever they are called...that really pure bright white. I searched all over the forum, but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. Also if you guys know where I can get/order similar style bright lights to replace the ones above my licence plate would be great too!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also the element uses size H4 for the headlights correct?

·
Registered
599 Posts
The E uses 9004 bulbs which I believe are the same as H4.

If you want bright without going HID, get the SilverStar Ultra bulbs. Just be prepared to replace them more often than the standard halogen bulbs because they do burn up faster.

If you want to go bright, go HID. I just did the conversion and it wasn't as expensive as you'd think. A full drop-in replacement kit only ran me about $80 shipped and then you have the choice of color temperature and intensity. The kit I purchased can work with both 35W and 55W bulbs and has a number of colors. Check out the thread at http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61986 and you'll get a really good idea of the work that's involved and how much it will cost.

Trust me that you'll be much happier with the HID upgrade than with replacing really expensive SilverStar Ultra bulbs. After two pairs of SilverStars you could have purchased a HID kit anyway.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i would recommend going HID you can still get the white look you want. if you go with DDM they give you a lifetime warranty and the lights look great. i got my shipped and installed for $90

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought with the HID conversion I had to install projectors and ballasts?

·
Registered
300 Posts
i would recommend going HID you can still get the white look you want. if you go with DDM they give you a lifetime warranty and the lights look great. i got my shipped and installed for $90

BUT
at the same time, many have had issues with DDM tuning kits.
and their customer service sucks apparently (i have not dealt with DDM)

its one of those things that you cross you fingers and hope your kit is fine.
if you wanted to install projectors do the Morimoto mini h1 bi-xenon projectors; there is no cutting needed. i am ordering a pair soon
here is the link: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=221&osCsid=53b416fa89111e63b1c4b7fef27e5f24

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The HID kits do look worth it, but I don't know if I am mechanically inclined enough to do so. I would love a written step by step guide on how to install. I did see the Flickr page with photos, but that only helps so much.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Don't even consider doing HID's without projectors. You'll blind oncoming traffic and likely get ticketed.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
The E uses 9004 bulbs which I believe are the same as H4.
9003 = H4... The Element, the CR-V, my Pilot, all use the 9003 bulb. The SC models use a 9005 for the high beam and H11 (I think) for the low.
GM used to use the 9005 high beam and the 9006 low beam (which looks like the H11.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts