Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I posted awile ago about my engine area making a grinding noise when accelerating and ideling hard. Well Sure enough it was a mount, but not a motor mount like we all thought no my tranny mount is broken! I can fit my finger in it, the bushing is completely gone! So now that we seemed to of found the cause what to do about it? I took my element in not about a week ago and they said everything was ok. Nope! they were wrong! so Im going to send them a call tomorrow and see what they can do for me but Has anyone had this happen? or have any suggestions for me?? Heres a pic from the back looking forward.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Good thing you had a SRI, wouldn't of notice it, if it was stock ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
My E was making noise when accelerating up hill and it made the noise when acceleration from a stand still on a flat road. It turned out to be a broken tranny mount.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I am thinking that my trans mount might be a possible cause for my weird noise issues. I had my MT serviced and just got the E back last Saturday. The Honda mechanic says it's the front-driver's side strut (I have KSport coils on). However, you mentioned that you would get the noise when accelerating or hard idles - when cruising, 5th gear at 3K rpm it will shake the E and i'll notice vibration/knocking until above 3k rpm and it will disappear. Shifting gears will bring the knock noise when engaging the clutch. Hard idles (when I don't put enough gas) will bring the knocking/vibrating noise out.

Of course if this is the cause, Honda sure as hell didn't mentioned a worn trans mount to me... Another opportunity for them to make money.

·
Registered
81 Posts
^^It is mostly likely that mount that is causing your issues. I had mine replaced a while back, same situation, vibration initally during acceleration.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
^^It is mostly likely that mount that is causing your issues. I had mine replaced a while back, same situation, vibration initally during acceleration.
Thanks, i'll be checking the insides w/ help from my buddies. The dealer said it was my front strut. And from reading various threads on the EOC, it can be anything from the trans mount, axle, front end links... We'll see what we can figure out.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Not the transmission mount for me...

...seems to have been the cold air intake pipe knocking against the fender opening inside the engine bay. The rubber gasket thing I had previously was dislodged and causing the pipe to vibrate against the inside. Engine movement, and clutch engaging causing the engine/trans to move made the pipe knock against that fender opening.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts