Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
New to the forum, loving it.
Had an idea to make the Hunter (or perhaps another grill), more functionally protective by connecting it to the Blue Ox tow bar.
What do you guys think?
Can I get measurements on the points for the tow bar from someone that has one. Also some numbers from the brush guard :)
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I was looking at that too! It might need a bit of fabrication but I think it might be a good way to bulk up the brush guard to handle a bit more use. I have neither so I am no help in the numbers quest, sorry.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Have you looked up the Blue Ox website. The spacing of the 'horns' is probably standardized among their products, to maximize the interchangeability of the yokes. How about the Blue Ox installation instructions? When I looked at them several years ago, they were the same as for the 2nd generation CRV.

I have mentioned using the this Blue Ox tow mount if you were really serious about pulling the Element out of a mud hole from the front. Given its intended use, I'm sure it is strong enough for a steady pull. I'm not so sure about a snatching pull. I also have doubts about it making much difference in an impact.

A bumper guard, how ever mounted, may reduce damage (to the car) when hitting a person or small animal. But it could increase the danger to the car's occupants in a serious impact if it reduces the sensitivity of the air bag sensors, or alters the carefully engineered crumple zones.

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
Yeah, maybe... but then everyone will start b*tching about the windshield cracks when they bounce off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Winch as well?

The other interesting possibility with this combination is the ability to add a front winch. Theoretically, if you can pull the Element from the Blue ox, then it should certainly be strong enough to allow for a winch position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts