Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello hello hello!!!! I am a very happy camper right now. I just got my E back, with painted panels, painted mirrors, painted door handles, painted DASH AND VENTS, Carpeted floor, Killer audio system, and i am putting on 20 inch painted wheels with piaa fog lights in the holes. Enough talking, here are my pics. Enjoy!

Front Angle Shot

Direct Side of Car

Black Carpeted Floor

Painted Dash and Vents

Closer look at painted dash and vents

Headunit! Alpine CDA-7998

Subs Enclosed in Floor

Better look at subs

Subs with Amps underneath the seats

What you can't see are the 6.5 inch front and 5.25 in rear fosgate fnq's components. More later gotta run bye

·
Registered
8 Posts
Could I be so bold as to ask you how much the painting cost? Also, any recommendations on Honda dealer and painter?

We are up in Fresno and willing to drive south to achieve a positive Element experience!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I actually didn't go to a honda dealer. it is all painted by this automotive place called Pacific Coast Motoring or PCM. Call them, tell them you saw the painted black element, and see what they give u. I have to say, you might think it was pricey, but I got higher quotes elsewhere. My final price from PCM was 2000 flat. But it was the best I got, with what I wanted. The next cheapest one was 3000 all the way up to 5000. What I wanted was, a thooughly flat, sanded surface that looks identical to the sheet metal. So they sanded, primered, surface, painted, and polished. They had to take every piece of the plastic off the car, and paint it individually. It took about 2 weeks for the entire process. I am really happy, and just in one day people have said that honda should have done this originally. I also added interior treatments like the dash and vents, and when I get my 20 inch wheels they will have some body paint on them as well, you'll see. I spent my years income, but I am a college student and I am supposed to be poor! ANy ?'s just ask.

P.s. 818-224-3323 is PCM's number

·
Registered
359 Posts
Great job! My compliments to the guy who did it. I wish I can do that but people are retards where I live. I'll have a crack in the bumper already. Very nice though. Sound system looks awesome. I hope you get a DVD player to tap into those speaker.

Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
12 Posts
The "E" looks like a million bucks painted up. My "E" just got out of the
body shop with the front, 4 fenders and tail gate painted in silver. Next week
I will do the trim along the roof line to finish it.
Honda should offer this as an option to all buyers.

Wolfgang from Saskatoon/Canada

·
Registered
24 Posts
Your E is wicked!!! I've been wondering what to do with my element and seeing yours has given me some inspiration. With the subs on the rear floor, what happened to the spare tire? Are they built into the cover that can lift off to still access the spare or did you have to give that up? How does the system sound by the way? Does it echo or does the carpeting take care of that? Plus, do you experience rubbing with the 20 inchers and how's the ride with that large a tire? SOrry for all the questions. Sweetness man, good job :lol:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
k. i gave up the spare tire (but hey, thas why i have AAA). The system is LOUD! It doesn't echo, the carpeting makes it perfect, however, it is very very bumpped (bassy). I don't have the 20s on yet, those wheels you see are 18's. My 20s will come on wednesday or thursday, and i got a real low-pro tire...245/35/20. its not gonna rub and the ride will be fine, but anything closer to the millimeter would make it harsh. i worked hard to find the right tire, and it actually took me about a month of searching to find the perfect tire (its made by Nitto). the 20 inch rims fit no problem, the problem is finding the tire! ok...see ya

·
Registered
5 Posts
what are you gonna do with the 18's you have now? are you selling them? if so, email me a price and i may be interested :lol:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Wow - second only to the Studio E, your Element rocks! Just one thing - tint them front windows...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Your E looks incredible. Are you planning on attending the get together in Huntington Beach next saturday (13th)? I'm sure that I'm not the only person who'd like to check out your ride in person. 8)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Wow, just wow. I'm definatly not into the tuner culture (and I couldn't justify the cost myself) but your ride is schweeeeet!!! 8) Nice job all around. Post pics as you go please. Give us all something to aspire to.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That really does look sweet. I was thinking of painting the panels myself but I actually like the contrast between the panels and the silver on my E. I love the setup of your system, the sub placement is a great idea since it doesn't sacrifice cargo place. Another thing I like is the painted console, I am going to look into doing that for sure. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
one tip for painting the dash...make sure the plastic is primered, and after it is painted make sure it is glossed. i have a friend with a mustand that did somethin similiar but didn't primer the plastic nor glass it, and it looks like crap. so make sure u tell the body shop primer and gloss and paint. cheers

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'd love to see in person your Element at the HB meet saturday! Hope you decide to go.

·
Registered
957 Posts
What a sweet ride! I'm thoroughly jealous. I'd love to see more pics of the tailgate and the underside of the sub enclosure.

Beautiful! 8)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ill take some more pics of the equipment, however i can't get underneath the subs. the took out the spare tire well, and covered the well in fiberglass, to elimate the echoing sheetmetel sound. they used the spare well as the box. Then they put a wood piece over the well to hold the subs, and carpeted the wood. then they bolted down the entire enclousure to seal in all the air. It truly sounds perfect. quite complicated, but seriously worth it!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did you have the entire E painted or just the plastic parts? Was it a big job to remove the parts for painting? It looks fantastic.

The carpet looks awesome too! I know, I know, the urethane floor purists disagree, but it must make the E a little more quieter. Did you have somebody install this or do it yourself? What about the edges? Are they finished or raw and tucked under the sill plates?

Great job!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts