Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 04 element in great condition, but....
the floor at the feet of the rear seats is...bubbly.
now ive looked at 10 elements b4 finding this one, and i never saw a floor that bubbled.

is this any indication of potential problems.
(moisture under the rubber mat maybe?)

Ive checked to see if its tucked into the sides well, and it is.

their strange boob like bubbles. just...there.... bugging me. I poke them...they pop back up. :confused:

anyone with more experience have any advice?
-e-
thank you.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
when i was shopping for the element, i saw a lot of elements with this problem. honda cannot fix it for you either because that is not a warranty issue. it is just something that bothers you for the most part. i do not know why the elements do that, but mine has not. maybe those elements are the ones people have hosed out the interior with, cause you cannot really do that. i am sure, with the thousands of members on this forum, someone will give you a quick fix for it. good luck. i just want you to know that it IS common.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Others have reported same thing.

Did you see this thread:
http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42636&highlight=floor

There are a few ideas on those posts. Maybe if you heat the bubbled area with a hairdryer or something, and then put a heavy weight on it while it's still warm and leave it, see if it goes back down. I would guess it just bubbles with expansion/contraction caused by heat, humidity, direct sunlight etc.. over time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts