Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buddy that is crazy about this grounding kits... i have read and understand how they work.... which does make sense... but im little nervous about throwing down 120 bucks on it.

Product info:"
Buddy Club Racing Volt Condenser Grounding
Utilizing the latest racing technology the Buddy Club Racing Spec Condenser combined an electrical grounding system with a battery current and voltage stabilization control unit. The unit is designed to stabilize electrical "noise" and voltage spikes and offer additional grounding for any vehicles.

Buddy Club Racing Spec Condenser maximizes the efficiency of all factory and aftermarket vehicle electrical systems and as the result you will get smoother engine operation, more efficient electrical component operation, improved electrical current and better fuel economy.

Buddy Club Racing Spec Condenser will work with most other aftermarket ground system and it is a great addition to any high HP force induction vehicles.
"

I don't know if anyone has one of these let me know your feedback please!

http://www.buddyclub.us/~OldSiteContents/

·
Registered
599 Posts
I have the APEXi ground kit and I really dont notice any difference other than the red glow under the hood from the APEXi logo. I've read articles where there is a 1-3 hp gain but I really doubt your gonna notice it with an E. If you have the money to spare then get it, if not, save up for another mod.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Grounding Kits.???????? Isn't the battery already grounded???????? But for $100 you can ground it even more?????????? Stupid.

·
Registered
519 Posts
If you have bad grounds you could gain 1-3hr using one of these kits. Just buy you some 4ga wire & upgrade your oem gound points. If you're worried about it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ranks right up there with 100mpg "chips" that connect to your intake air temperature.

Well, at least with this you get "exciting blue LED illumination."

Try this mod first, should get you the same power:
  1. Count out $150 cash.
  2. Throw it in a campfire.

·
Registered
556 Posts
y are you so negative.

I say go for it if you have the money i have a pivot voltage stabilizer and grounding and i have to say didnt help with much engine wise but did help in car stereo sound and headlight dimming. i have a sud, upgraded speakers, driving lights, hid projectors and i can play my music as loud as i want no fade in any lighting. i have so many things running off the battery in my car.

It does do something but not hp, helps a lot with the electrical.
Ranks right up there with 100mpg "chips" that connect to your intake air temperature.

Well, at least with this you get "exciting blue LED illumination."

Try this mod first, should get you the same power:
  1. Count out $150 cash.
  2. Throw it in a campfire.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
WARNING!
if you install such a kit, your vehicle may no longer work w/ SoundRacer.

that ought to scare off a few potential users.
<grin>

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im glad I didnt do a poll... its would have been off the freakin charts. hahaha

Yeah I didnt care about the Hp gain.... just the electrical end of it.

i want to run fog lights, pioneer nav/touch double den and HID duals.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Im glad I didnt do a poll... its would have been off the freakin charts. hahaha

Yeah I didnt care about the Hp gain.... just the electrical end of it.

i want to run fog lights, pioneer nav/touch double den and HID duals.
then these are perfect for what you are trying to do.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
thats what i was thinking.... my buddy has one on his Lotus... and he can see a HP diff but on the element i didnt care about hp...more so the volt condenser...end, thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have buddy club volt kit on my e. Do what you want to your car, Don't listen to other negative crap from other people. Do your research. Asking a question on the forum and getting negative answer sucks. Thats why its best not to ask.

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
I have buddy club volt kit on my e. Do what you want to your car, Don't listen to other negative crap from other people. Do your research. Asking a question on the forum and getting negative answer sucks. Thats why its best not to ask.
Oh why oh why could that possibly be? Because maybe a forum represents pooled knowledge from all walks of experience? Pooled knowledge that isn't trying to sell you something? And that pooled knowledge happens to be that grounding kits sold for performance gains are so much junk based on false "science"? That do nothing more than separate you from your money?

Grounding kits have a use - controlling floating ground issues for high-end audio, with commensurate reduction of ground loops and containment of power supply impedances. That's it. How doing this got warped into "engine performance enhancement" is beyond me.

All the above sounds like anecdotal "butt dyno" talk. A Mugen sticker or extra VTEC badge has about as much HP gain.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks again everyone for your comments bad or good.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Oh why oh why could that possibly be? Because maybe a forum represents pooled knowledge from all walks of experience? Pooled knowledge that isn't trying to sell you something? And that pooled knowledge happens to be that grounding kits sold for performance gains are so much junk based on false "science"? That do nothing more than separate you from your money?

Grounding kits have a use - controlling floating ground issues for high-end audio, with commensurate reduction of ground loops and containment of power supply impedances. That's it. How doing this got warped into "engine performance enhancement" is beyond me.

All the above sounds like anecdotal "butt dyno" talk. A Mugen sticker or extra VTEC badge has about as much HP gain.
Sound of the audience clapping loudly

1 - 14 of 14 Posts