Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my DX 5spd the other day and although I do enjoy whistling a bit I must admit I'm already nearly puckered out! (I need tunes!!!) I've done alot of reading of posts in this area lately and came up with this system for myself the "budget" (read cheap) minded shopper:

-Clarion DXZ635MP Head Unit
-2 prs of 6.5" Alpine SPS-170a's

I wanted to go the non-power amp route and if I interpreted the posts correctly I assume this combo would work. I will be installing myself so will probably order everything from Crutchfield for the support/kits they provide.

I was hoping to get the seal of approval or feed back of any other recommendations before I place my order.

Many thanks to all for your informative posts!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The description of the Clarion HU states:

"Rear/Subwoofer Preamp Outputs: The rear preamp outputs can be set for full-range or subwoofer output. In subwoofer output mode, the preamp outputs have a selectable low-pass crossover that can be set to 50Hz, 80Hz, or 120Hz. You can adjust the subwoofer volume from -6 to +6 using the front panel subwoofer volume control."

Does this mean I can add an additionial self powered enclosed subwoofer such as a Kenwood KSC-WA62RC — The WooX:(see link) to the HU?

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/...&c=10&g=51000&I=113WA62RC&o=m&a=1&cc=01&avf=Y

OR does that mean the Subwoofer would take place of the second pair (rear) speakers???

I was hoping I could fit the Kenwood Sub hidden in the DX console where the EX keeps it's subwoofer.

·
Registered
957 Posts
You can connect a powered sub - and the kenwood unit you describe might even fit into the sub enclosure if you buy the EX sub housing/grill - good idea! Just check the inside cavity measurements before you order.

The rest of the items you describe should work great. Clarion makes good stuff!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts