Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had trouble with bugs? I seems to be driving around a very large bug swatter. I am polishing this window every other day. :? Did anyone install the front air deflector after having none and notice a difference?

·
Registered
338 Posts
I've owned two pickups and a SUV - but, I've never had a vehicle that splats as many bugs as this one. I'm curious as to why. My Ford F250 was the squarish older ones with an upright windshield?

I bought a putty knife at Sherman Williams, but it doesn't help much.

·
Registered
461 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
First trip (350miles) in the E by the time I arrived at home and the window was covered. I also ordered bug shield, Summit Racing is getting hold of Auto ventshade bugflector II for $52 shipped, they don't stock said it should be sent out in two weeks it's new. part number 24747

·
Registered
338 Posts
I used Rain X years ago and then I had problems with a foggy windshield in some weather conditions (worse after I applied the Rain-X)...

·
Registered
129 Posts
[quote:e59f6f2e15="Simon"]I used Rain X years ago and then I had problems with a foggy windshield in some weather conditions (worse after I applied the Rain-X)...[/quote:e59f6f2e15]

They also make a product called Fog-X...

·
Registered
23 Posts
[quote:12128446b4="Simon"]I used Rain X years ago and then I had problems with a foggy windshield in some weather conditions (worse after I applied the Rain-X)...[/quote:12128446b4] In winter I only use it on the windshield, but only on the exterior have I ever seen any "fogging" which was like a fine dew on the outside..... do not use on the inside. In the summer months I use it on all windows.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
foggy rain x.. question before you applied the rain x did you go through one of those drive through car washes with the wax.. odds are you have a wax build up on the windshielf and that gets sandwiched between the rain x and the windshield, then it does and will fog up.. make sure the window is really really clean before applying the rain x.. good luck and let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes,I get more bugs on my E windshield than any vehicle I have ever owned.I have used Rain-X but it just makes it easier to wash them off.I am planing on on installing a bug deflector but I am not sure if it will help much. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts