Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?:
Out of curiosity, I was wondering if anyone is having or has noticed the problem that I have had with my Element? For some reason or another frequently need to clear my windshield from bugs. I thought it was the route that I drive on my way to work as I drove my Element for two months to work and always had bugs on my windshield. After putting 5k miles in two months my work decided to rent me a vehicle. Driving that same route to work every day in my rental vehicle I have not experienced the bug problem! Is it just the aerodynamics of the Element? Does anyone have the front hood spoiler on their Element? If so, does it help? PLEASE HELP!!!
:x

·
Registered
91 Posts
My experience has been the same as yours. Not only a magnet for bugs but stones as well. Nothing I have read on any of these forums seems to remedy the situation. It is not the windshield angle but more likely and combination of aerodynamic stuff. Oh well just have fun with your
BUG-E ! :lol:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Definitely a bug magnet! I cringed with each bug splat as I drove home from the dealer, but now I've gotten sort of fatalistic about it.

I think someone suggested Rain-X helped. I'm going to try that, and see if it helps the bug guts slide off better.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Rats! I guess I just have to get used to looking through bug guts. I live in the woods, and 12 miles of my commute are on a road that runs right by a creek. There are swarms of flying things in summer. If I'm getting this many bugs now, summer is going to be really bad. :?

Well, if that's the worst problem I have with my E, I'll be fine.

I went to an outdoor antique show on Saturday, after huge rainstorms had passed through the area. The parking person asked me what my E was and then if it was 4WD. When I explained Element and AWD, he pointed to a really mucky field and asked if I'd be able to get in and out of the field. I said if I couldn't, I'd be coming after him.

So there my SOP was, surrounded by Blazers, Troopers, and F150s, in a field of mud. The orange box acquitted itself quite nicely. And I did manage to refrain from rushing immediately to the car wash afterwards.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bug guts.....yup!

Does anyone have a wind (bug) deflector installed?? Does it help?
Glad I'm tall enuf to reach the window........NH bugs are rather plentiful!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have the bug sheild, still have bugs. :( It may have cut down on them a little.

·
Registered
91 Posts
[quote:cf8603cf7c="hambone"]hey e-lated !

did you try the rain-x washer fluid or the rain-x treatment ! i have had all kinds of luck with the rain-x treatment...[/quote:cf8603cf7c]
use the treatment, great for rain saw no difference with the bugs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts