Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2003 AWD EX
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a work in progress on my 3rd E. 2” lift, 1” engine & subframe drop, all new bushings and suspension components, 23” light bar, diamond skid plate, Hella spot lights and projector headlights. Into it for about 2K including purchase price of vehicle ($400). 235 70r16 A/T’s to come + roof basket and Gobi ladder, and I’m pretty sure that won’t be all. This is where I’m at right now. The only problem is finding the time to do it all.

F5DB3119-5127-4827-858A-02513D4BD978.jpeg

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,369 Posts
This is a work in progress on my 3rd E. 2” lift, 1” engine & subframe drop, all new bushings and suspension components, 23” light bar, diamond skid plate, Hella spot lights and projector headlights. Into it for about 2K including purchase price of vehicle ($400). 235 70r16 A/T’s to come + roof basket and Gobi ladder, and I’m pretty sure that won’t be all. This is where I’m at right now. The only problem is finding the time to do it all.

View attachment 207279
Looks great! All of your mods work together very well for an excellent overall look!

Only $400? I must be shopping in the wrong places! :)

·
Registered
2003 AWD EX
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
A young couple drove up to the shop looking to sell it for cash. Sales dept. offered them $100. They were ecstatic when I said I’d give them 4.
I have 2 E’s already, figured I couldn’t go wrong with a third.
I’ll take more pics on Monday when I’m back at the shop. The fog lights are Winjet brand from Amazon. 50 or 60 bucks I think.

·
Registered
2003 AWD EX
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I added some steel L brackets to the bar for strength and stability, and also to create a little extra space between the bumper and lights.

·
Registered
2004 SOP EX/AWD/MT
230 Posts
Looks like a clean way to add Hellas...thanks for the pics.

Last question, how do you sleep at night (getting the E for so low) ? :p

·
Registered
2003 AWD EX
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like a clean way to add Hellas...thanks for the pics.

Last question, how do you sleep at night (getting the E for so low) ? :p
The only thing that keeps me awake at night are the ideas I get for the next part of the build 😂😂

·
Registered
2004 EX AT Fiji Blue
29 Posts
Are those the $200 projectors I see on eBay? Would love to hear your thoughts on them.

·
Registered
2003 AWD EX
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are those the $200 projectors I see on eBay? Would love to hear your thoughts on them.
They were a little over $280 on Amazon. I actually haven’t driven at night with them yet lol., but I’d give them a 10 for looks. They come with a halogen bulb installed but are still super bright. I don’t think it needs an led, but will likely replace with an ultra white bulb.

·
Registered
2004 EX AT Fiji Blue
29 Posts
They were a little over $280 on Amazon. I actually haven’t driven at night with them yet lol., but I’d give them a 10 for looks. They come with a halogen bulb installed but are still super bright. I don’t think it needs an led, but will likely replace with an ultra white bulb.
Yeah I’ve been trying to figure out whether they are the same as these ebay ones. would love to hear your review of them after some use. My stock housings are very tired. Feels a lot like driving without lights at all.

·
Registered
2003 AWD EX
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah I’ve been trying to figure out whether they are the same as these ebay ones. would love to hear your review of them after some use. My stock housings are very tired. Feels a lot like driving without lights at all.
I purchased the SPPC brand. The reviews were good. I don’t trust anything that’s too cheap.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts