Honda Element Owners Club banner

Build in progress

11K views 66 replies 18 participants last post by  HondaTech93 
#1 ·
This is a work in progress on my 3rd E. 2” lift, 1” engine & subframe drop, all new bushings and suspension components, 23” light bar, diamond skid plate, Hella spot lights and projector headlights. Into it for about 2K including purchase price of vehicle ($400). 235 70r16 A/T’s to come + roof basket and Gobi ladder, and I’m pretty sure that won’t be all. This is where I’m at right now. The only problem is finding the time to do it all.

Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light Tire Wheel

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
A young couple drove up to the shop looking to sell it for cash. Sales dept. offered them $100. They were ecstatic when I said I’d give them 4.
I have 2 E’s already, figured I couldn’t go wrong with a third.
I’ll take more pics on Monday when I’m back at the shop. The fog lights are Winjet brand from Amazon. 50 or 60 bucks I think.

#16 ·
They were a little over $280 on Amazon. I actually haven’t driven at night with them yet lol., but I’d give them a 10 for looks. They come with a halogen bulb installed but are still super bright. I don’t think it needs an led, but will likely replace with an ultra white bulb.

#21 ·
These vehicles are like you're junk drawer at home. It seems to always have what you want it to do. Hunting, fishing, traveling the country side either with a canoe, bikes, or plan jumping around from brewery to brewery in a heartbeat!
You've done well with your ride brother.
That made me even want to found another one to play with. I'm certainly inspired to find another toaster and make it a microwave!
Take care of that one. They are getting harder to find ATVs decent price up here in Wisconsin.

#25 ·
I'm geeking out on your lights arrangement. Did I read that correctly? You made your skid plate with the cut out for the light bar. Please tell me how.
What brand/type of light bar and more about the L brackets. Please.

#27 ·
oEdRo LED Light Bar, 23Inch from Amazon. I made the skid plate by cutting and bending a piece of alumium diamond plate I purchased from Home Depot. 3.5 inch hole saw and jig saw to cut the hole for the light bar and black truck bed paint from a rattle can. The L brackets are powder coated shelf brackets from HD, cut short on top to fit the iJDMTOY Universal Fit Bull Bar.
In retrospect, adding a full bull bar may have been easier, but I didn’t like the idea of the thing bouncing around over every bump.

#34 ·
I love the look of the Falkens, and they are very quiet for an A/T. I’ve read that the 235 70’s will fit a non- lifted E. I have a 2” lift with 1 1/4” wheel spacers. There is minimal contact with the inner liner at full lock so I can’t say for sure you won’t have any rubbing. Removing the spacers would likely create more clearance though.

#45 ·
You could remove that bumper cover and cut a slot in it for the bar. You’d also have to drill the front beam to mount the bar (without drilling into your a/c condenser) and add large spacers depending what type of lights you want to mount to the bar, just for clearance between the lights and the bumper.

#48 ·
I'm just catching up with your build HondaTech93... excellent work.

The black Honda logos front and rear... Paint, Plastic dip, or part number? :LOL: (y)

Seriously, I dig it... and I'm also glad I am not the only multiple Element owner...

Cheers!
Brad

#50 ·
I'm just catching up with your build HondaTech93... excellent work.

The black Honda logos front and rear... Paint, Plastic dip, or part number? :LOL: (y)

Seriously, I dig it... and I'm also glad I am not the only multiple Element owner...

Cheers!
Brad
The front and rear H logos are plasti-dipped. The rear one is one I had laying around, a larger one from a Pilot or Ridgeline I think. The Element logo is the factory SC badge, about $40.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.