Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I started work on my console. I had some wood scraps and carpet adhesive in the garage. I bought a roll of carpet in the automotive section at Walmart. The photos below show what I have done so far. Maybe I'll finish it up tomorrow. I carpeted the inside of the box and the outside. It looks like it won't interfere with my parking brake at all but may make the cup holders hard to get to. I'll worry about that later. I plan to put some blocks on the bottom so that when it sits in the factory console tray, it can't move forward or backward.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got it finished. I'm not too crazy about it but it gives me a place to rest my arm. Maybe I'll find a store bought one later on that I can mod to fit the E.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I know why you don't like it, you used the garage shop carpet at WalMart, rather than the actual automotive carpet (looks way better) at AutoZone. It only costs $5.00 for a roll, it's a little more "plush" Otherwise, it was a great attempt.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
very nice attempt. are you looking more to make a console or an arm rest? i could offer suggestions but i dont want to step one your toes as far as what you have already done. it is a good start but a few things might help you be happier with it and not require too much more work.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I didn't like it because it was crappy, the carpet looked awful and I didn't put much effort into it. Today I went looking for some matching vinyl but couldn't find any so I just got gray. I added some cup holders and painted the wood around them with "stone" paint from Lowes. I think it looks pretty good now and makes a real nice place to rest my arm and also has a lot of storage under the lid.

·
Registered
557 Posts
That looks really good, if you hadn't have said it was the fake stone paint, I would have thought it was fabric or something, it looks great.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I am not a fan of the stock cup holders at the hand brake , I like yours better :smile:

·
Registered
249 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts