Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone knows of a generic part number, or bulb type for the illumination bulbs behind the speedometer. The only information the service manual gives me are that they are 1.2 W gauge lights
The friendly Honda dealership wants $32 for ONE.
I'd be happy with the Canadian Tire equivalent.

Thanks very much.

·
12,180 Posts
Wondering if anyone knows of a generic part number, or bulb type for the illumination bulbs behind the speedometer. The only information the service manual gives me are that they are 1.2 W gauge lights
The friendly Honda dealership wants $32 for ONE.
I'd be happy with the Canadian Tire equivalent.

Thanks very much.

I don't know if crappy tire will have them....but it is a #74 bulb. I know a Honda build that will work in its place. I will have to check when i get back to work but i think they are about $6 each.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so I take the bulb out of the gauge cluster to find a replacement, and have to drive around a bit. And now the two upper outside bulbs are burnt out. WTF?
Is this a fluke or did the two other bulbs burn out because of the missing bulb in the middle.

Does anyone know of a cheaper replacement? Three Honda dealer ships have quoted me three different prices, 34, 24, and 22$

any help is appreciated

·
Premium Member
52 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Speedo bulbs

Just checked the Majestic honda web site , part # 1095662 @ 7 for 1.90 each or 1095663 @ 2 for 1.90 each . I'm sure they ship , I needed a few myself and my local honda guy charged about 2 or 3 bucks ? Just rememeber when reinstalling to have all dash connections together or you will get a airbag dash warning , I found out the hard way .......... just a quick reset took care of that !

RUBY

I really can't believe Canadian prices for these are that high or your dealer is a big rip !

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a friend order these bulbs from hondapartsnow.com and she mailed them to me.
Part # 35505-SCV-A01 1.93 each

No joke, Canada dealers are selling them from between $22 and $34 EACH, and no dealer had any in stock.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I find the #74 bulbs are too big to fit into the socket.

I ordered LEDs and new sockets from that LED place, but they don't work. I fitted one into a Honda socket - no luck. Reversed the LED (LEDs are polarity sensitive) and still no luck.

And H and A doesn't seem to have them. Damn. I have to go give money to the dealership. These are people who charge $100 labor to change the cabin filters and tell me my E's timing belt needs to be replaced. I don't know if they are ignorant or dishonest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts