Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently found a listing on ebay for a bull bar that fits a 03-09 Element. I thought that the 09 and the 10s were the same, so am I to believe this would fit my 2010?

Can someone let me know if it would?

·
Registered
282 Posts
That's probably a mistake. A lot of listings ONLY fit 03-08 but people on ebay don't know what they're talking about and list them up through 09. There is a fellow on here who got hosed by a mistaken ebay seller that way when he bought a brush bar. Once it was on the car it was apparent that it did not fit the 09/10 model properly and he had to fabricate the connection himself just to get a decent fit. If you're unsure, write to the seller, explain the situation, and have them check with the manufacturer just in case.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought so I contacted the seller and he said they tried it on the 2009 Element. I'm thinking it's probably a mistake and not ordering it...wish I could find one to fit the '10!

·
Registered
282 Posts
That's what I thought so I contacted the seller and he said they tried it on the 2009 Element. I'm thinking it's probably a mistake and not ordering it...wish I could find one to fit the '10!
I feel your pain! There is like NOTHING aftermarket available for our model year and it really sucks. I want metal taillight guards like the ones I see available for the 03-08 years. They give the E a nice off road look... Unfortunately they aren't offered for us.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny thing is the guy said:

"The frame did not change from 2008 to 2009 so the bull bar is still compatible between those years meaning its very likely to work on the 2010 as well, but we've only tested it on the 2009 (which it worked just fine)."

I think I'm calling bullsh*t on that one...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I too feel your pain. Tried online retailers to find a bull/brush guard for my '09 with no luck. I don't think Hunter or Westin make one. Maybe I should go into production!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts