Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I was able to snag one of those eBay bull bars when it was in stock. Put it on, and I don’t like how much it sticks out. Anyone else have one and was able to get it sit closer to the front bumper, or any tips/suggestions for me?

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Road surface

·
Registered
2007 LX MT/FWD
67 Posts
Hello,
Well, that's cute..but
Your last picture, gives you your own answer... Move it too the back of the mounting bracket. You'll come say two/three inches if that, closer to the bumper. Yet, may have to notch the plastic to use the rear two mounting holes.

·
Registered
2004 EX AWD
42 Posts
I think it really comes down to aesthetics. If you like the looks, that's all that matters. On the Land Cruiser forum I frequent the factory brush guards are nicknamed "damage multipliers" because the don't protect anything and actually do more damage when they are involved in an impact. I don't think the element "bull bar" will do any more damage than whatever the impact would have done, but i don't see it making a postive impact either. Maybe it is for moving Bullfrogs out of the road.

·
Registered
Tangerine 2008 EX-P Auto AWD
17 Posts
I don't know how far you want to take it but you could drill another set of holes into the bull bar and move it back further on the mounting brackets. What kit did you buy if you don't mind me asking?

Reactions: bikedud

·
Registered
32 Posts
Take it off and throw it in the garbage. It is attached to the frame correct. And that is really dangerous because they eliminate the crush zone on your vehicle and the one you may run into in an accident. They cause more injury. Dump it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had one and drilled an extra set of holes so I could snug it up. For all the haters, I installed it so I would have a place to mount lights. It worked great and it looked good too (IMO). But someone backed into it in the Publix parking lot and it folded like a slice of ham. No damage to my element, but I haven't replaced the bull bar. I remounted one set of lights directly to the mounting brackets.

Reactions: RSTBKIT
1 - 10 of 10 Posts