Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never had a vehicle of this color. Everyone has been telling me DONT GET IT. From the resale value aspect to the color wiping off when you clean the car years later. What are the facts and urban ledgends on this?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Look at any parking lot from above -- like if you're on the 10th floor of a building looking down. What do you see? VERRRRY monochromatic.

Black, white, silver, beige; some dark blue, dark green; a few reds and maroons, maybe one yellow. That's about it.

So the Element Sunset Orange (simlilar to the bronze/orange Nissan liked to paint its Murano) is new. It's doubtful it would be worth more than Silver or Shoreline Mist a few years from now, and it may be worth less.

Just ask a used car salesman how color affects value.

·
Registered
65 Posts
There are only six colors available on the E for '03, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. The Orange is a hot color, while all of the remaining colors are pretty tame. The E is somewhat of a cult car and is going to attract a pretty fanatical, just like the Mini Cooper and Miata to name a couple of others. I think all of the colors work well with the E and wouldn't expect that there would be much if any penalty for any one of them. I'd bet each year there will some minor tweaks to the color selection, but, who know this may be the only year that the orange is offerred. It looks great!!!! Pick a color, any color - you can't go wrong!

Also think about the monochromatic interior - only the blue and silver come with blue highlighted interiors and the green w/ green highlights, I think all of the rest are shades of grey.

Mine is the BLUE and it looks good too!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Exactly. $20,000 is a GREAT price for this kind of combination of design, practicality and fun. Today, I turned in our 2000 BMW 328i at the end of its lease. In three years, we paid the same in lease payments as we will pay in installment payments by the time we own the E outright. In the interim, sure, I won't get to pull 1.1 G's in a turn and the BMW is a fabulous machine, but we will be able to take our E anywher we want, not worry about ruining the wheels by making a minor mistake while parellel parking, etc. etc. etc.

With today's clearcoat paints, the orange will probalby hold up well (in term sof not oxidizing) and while it may not be the most popular resale color, who knows; it may really become the "signature" color. FYI, ours happens to be EBP, but had there been only an orange one on the lot on the day we decided to buy, we would have probably bought it.

yelapa

·
Registered
11 Posts
As an owner of a Sunset Orange Pearl EX, I looked at all the color choices and liked them all, but the SOP really stood out as fun ,attention grabbing ,and very safe in traffic. Let's face it you can certainally see me coming!

I'm not concerned about resale or paint durability, but I will be protecting the finish with Zanos Bros. protectants, when they arrive next week.

Pick a color you dig, enjoy it as a much as you do this unique Element; and have a love affair!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I don't forsee any troubles reselling the Sunset Orange. It is still the fastest selling color we have, so if there was an initial wave, it hasn't cooled off yet. There are no guarantees, because it will be the general population that 5 years down the road will determine if it's still a cool color or not. I don't forsee this color being one of those "love it or hate it" colors like when Honda came out with the Inca Pearl Civic's. That was a color that as soon as we saw it, we knew would be hard to move. It was hard to move new, and as you can imagine it is certainly hard to move used.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts