Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Honda Element. I am planning on driving from NY to FL, round trip for the holidays, so got a diagnositic on front end as it squeaks when driving over rough roads, especially in the mornings. Vehicle drives and steers fine, just is a bit noisy, overall whirring noise from front end and squeaks & creaks on pot holes etc.

Honda dealer mechanic said that he could not confirm my complaint when he test drove, but found both front lower control arm compliance bushings broken, front stabilizer bar bushings and end links worn and left front lower ball joint boot broken/leaking. Quote was over $1200.

My questions are - how dangerous is this? Can i avoid this work? Does price sound fair? Thank you so much for your time!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
$1200 sound about right for a dealer. I was quoted $420 for one bushing on LCA. Needless to say, I would never use their service for that price. After all, I'm not paying someone else to $420 to undo/redo three nuts and pull the press lever a few times.

Yes, you should have it fix ASAP. worn suspension part can be dangerous in less then ideal driving condition. Not to mention, with the bushing worn, it's probably eating your tire away like a giant donut. As for the stablizer bushing, beside been noisy, it doesn't hurt anything as long as it's still there. Ball joint boot? if you don't get that replace, the ball joint will go bad when the grease runs out. Now, that will cost you even more money.

B

1 - 4 of 4 Posts