Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I am new here and my wife and I are going to buy a Element. We have narrowed the search down to two. the first is a 2004 LX with 150,000 miles but it is at the dealer and they want $7,700 for it there should be some room for negotiation here the second is a 2003 EX with 91,000 miles on it and they want $7,800 for it and they said it is firm. the second is a hours drive away and does have a tow package the first is five minutes away. With all this being known what do you guys think. is 150,000 miles a risk or is it better to just go with the one with 91,000 miles. please help me decide and thank you.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Maintenance and equipment are factors.

The '03 is an EX, so it has the better stereo, overhead console, alloy rims, etc., however it is neat the required spark plug change and valve lash inspect adjust, plus it is a model year older (though check the actual build dates because there may be only a month or two difference between it and the '04).

Price on the '03 is around the average.

The '04- well its the LX model- steel wheels etc.

If you can get some kind of maintenance history and examine it to see if the front and rear struts have been replaced, along with spark plugs etc. it could be a decent deal. Check it over/have it checked the negotiate like crazy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts