Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greeting folks.
currently have been scouring the web in search of buying an element.
regardless of the big four sites i've been on (auto/cars/gurus/forsale)
never have i seen of any make/model with a carfax that stated accident
as much as the element.

seriously the number is mind boggling.
which leads me to wonder if its the car itself that somehow / someway
leads to accidents or just idiot drivers that cannot see the big toaster
or the drivers in the element themselves that treat em like bumper cars.

again i want to buy an element and my post is not a knock on
the car but rather curious if anyone has noticed this.

cool beans.
cahil

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Could be that owners keep the best Elements and banged up ones are for sale, or since Elements are so reliable with high mileage, so on road more with more potential to get hit. Never saw one with a bullseye on it.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
If the crash numbers are true, any insurance company will have risk factors for every vehicle.

My guess is the crappy goodyear Wrangler tires. Holy smokes did they suck!
White knuckles on any wet pavement, and simply no grip anytime. I dumped those for 225 70 16 after 15 k on the brand new OEM wranglers. Only tire I was so happy to throw away with tread life still showing.

HORRIBLE!

In my op 225 70 16 the tire size the factory should have installed.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
C pillar is a bitch. I've taken out quite a few of my own tail lights and hit someones parked chevy spark in a parking lot =( (my insurance fixed it.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah. The pillars on either side of the front window are very thick with blind spots. My wife hit a Mercedes sedan that was in the left blind spot in an intersection. The Element just had a cracked front bumper. The Mercedes was a mess.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Driver’s side A pillar sucks on curvy mountain roads. It’s also been a blind spot around town. I couple of times my passenger saved my butt. Still, 7 years without an accident (knock on wood).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Another A pillar griper. I can’t believe it wasn’t changed with the 07 model. Also I had to get a backup camera to keep from feeling blind when backing up. It helps and I don’t rely totally on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts