Honda Element Owners Club banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
I’m the original owner of a 2003. It’s wild to me that people are still just now discovering this amazing vehicle. By the way, mine is an automatic and I JUST had to rebuild the transmission at 140k. So there may be something to what people are saying about the manual. Maybe it’s the face that I live inLA and stop and go is the only flavor of driving there is out here...
A word on car seats. Forward facing is not going to be a problem, but if you end up having another kid, look into getting an Orbit convertible. That’s what I put my 2 1/2 year old in every day. Rear facing would be impossible without it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry, messed up the quotes. This was written earlier and is wrong. "it’s all waterproof so you can hose it down on the inside"

·
Registered
16 Posts
the dash lights going on an off is an issue with the 2003. Mine also does this from time to time, to resolve this issue, i spoke with a old co worker at the dealer that i worked at and he said that the gauge cluster or wiring harness going to the gauge cluster would need to be swapped out to resolve it. on a occasion i had my lights go completely out, so far they are working good. depending on that needs to be tighten on the e-brake it could either be just the handle or the the e-brake shoes could need to be adjusted. adjusting the e-brake shoes will take a little bit more time.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts