Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finding good prices on Ebay for a transmission inline filter for my 07 SC. Are these OEM parts marked in some way to insure that they really are OEM? (Dealership wants $48 for one--Ebay wants $28) Also, could someone explain how to tell which direction to install them, as I understand they are directional. I have a feeling my dealership hasn't done too many of these replacements and I want to confirm they will be doing it right the first time. Thanks.

·
Registered
2007 EX AWD AT (two!)
1,396 Posts
If it is not in an OEM marked, sealed bag (even that could be duplicated I suppose), I wouldn't trust that it is OEM. The filter only mounts one way in the bracket and I don't think there is enough hose on both sides to swap ends. It is not that hard a DIY job, do it with a fluid drain and fill, you don't lose too much fluid when disconnecting the filter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was watching a YouTube video of the job. Seems to entail pulling off some or all of the plastic undershield, undoing clips on the hose, which is tricky, etc. More than this old lady wants to do. I didn't realize the filter fit into a bracket. I thought it just slid into each end of the hose and was clamped on both sides. If the Ebay seller is a Honda dealership, would you trust that? Its pictured in a Honda part bag but don't know if its been opened.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Buy the oem factory filter.. Don't trust the aftermarket part. I just did the swap out of the transmission filter and less than 30 minutes and don't forget to bring your Trans fluid back to level with HONDA oem transmission fluid... Been there with a used car dealership screwed up the used Honda Accord that I bought there.. Transmission fluid looked like milk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts