Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for brakes and rotors for my wife's E.
Going with some quality blank rotors and want to go with Hawk pads.

Getting the rotors will not be a problem but am looking where to buy the pads.
Does anyone know of a quality, reputable, affordable, place to purchase them?

Help is appreciated and thanks!

·
Registered
229 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
284 Posts
One should have the same compound on front and rear on any vehicle with ABS, traction and stability control. Different friction coefficients is not a wise choice!

Fred

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
well i'm getting Monroe CX914 Ceramic Premium Brake Pad
cost 35ish

going to change my front brakes, its my first break job...
I , also have these pads on ruby ! just wanted to add the rears are CX 536 . check to see if monroe is offering any rebates , when I purchased mine , I think I got a $ 25 rebate for the fronts and $ 20 rebate on the rears , it was like they were almost free !

RUBY

·
Registered
61 Posts
I , also have these pads on ruby ! just wanted to add the rears are CX 536 . check to see if monroe is offering any rebates , when I purchased mine , I think I got a $ 25 rebate for the fronts and $ 20 rebate on the rears , it was like they were almost free !

RUBY
i actually have both the front and rear.. so far so good.. i did get 20 in rebate.. i'm going to stock up on the front...

hows do they feel after awhile, was it worth the investment? Any problems?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the replies.

The Element has a drum-style parking brake.
I'm confused as to if the E has the drum style park brake, why do they offer both styles for it?

So just to be clear, when ordering, I should go with pads for the drum style park brake?

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
So you are advising against getting some aftermarket pads such as Hawk or EBC?
Not really. But I do know that some people have been unpleasantly surprised in the middle of a brake job when they realized they didn't have new shims, springs, or high-temperature grease, all of which come with the Honda kit.

Also, the Honda pads work really well.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When I did the brakes in my old E I used Honda pads and Brembo OEM rotors. Worked phenomenally well, I was quite happy with them.

I do know that some people have been unpleasantly surprised in the middle of a brake job when they realized they didn't have new shims, springs, or high-temperature grease, all of which come with the Honda kit.

Also, the Honda pads work really well.
Thanks very much. I appreciate the input.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
OEM part numbers

Do you have the part numbers for the honda pads? Using majestic honda's site i see two options for the pads. There is one without shims that actually cost more than the set that looks like it comes with everything but don't understand why it would be cheaper. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts