Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

Well I've got the dealer, I've got the price, I've got the model... now I just need to pick the color! eek!

I'm going for a 2010 Element EX 4WD. My trade is a 2007 VW GTI- which was a fun car, but it can't haul all the crap I need to haul. I'm a scuba instructor and active cyclist so I need space for all my crapola.

Color Choices:

I probably like silver and blue the best... I've always gone for darker color cars but damn if the silver doesn't look good. Black just because it looks sweet, but it'll get super dirty I'm sure.

Thoughts? Gotta decide soon!

I'll post pics tomorrow when she comes home!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a 2009 SC and I love the black myself but the pther two colors you have up are great you can't lose!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Happy E-Eve today!

I like both the Silver and the Black.
I bought one "in between those" two, on the Polished Metal Metallic

I love it!

Happy E-Eve today!
Congrats!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I'm cutting black from the list. Its actually two different dealers with the same price so which I get dictates which dealer I visit.... one has great reviews online and the other has so-so, sadly the great reviews is also 90 mins away vs 15 mins away.

Sadly there aren't tons of E's in the DC area, and these two dealers have the best price and value for the $.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
The Blue if the fastest color! It also gets the best fuel mileage !! :grin:

Dom

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why is there not an emoticon for 'going in circles'?

Off to the races... I'll post pics! (And I guess as a side bar, my new car looks like it's first drive with me will be in the snow!)

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Why is there not an emoticon for 'going in circles'?

Off to the races... I'll post pics! (And I guess as a side bar, my new car looks like it's first drive with me will be in the snow!)
Welcome to the Group.................now, where are those pictures?

·
Registered
872 Posts
dang aint orangee a happy feller today, dancin all around.oops wrong thread,
welcome to the club we are full of valuable information. please use the faq/ how to's in the top left corner as well as useing the search to the right. but for the color the only way to go is the cargo kaki,just tell them if they want to sell a unit it needs to be that color and only that color.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The Blue if the fastest color! It also gets the best fuel mileage !! :grin:
Plus, if you are a Dr. Who fan, you might call it the "Tardis". Mine is not blue, but I call it the Tardis. I even have made a Dalek Rant ringtone for my phone. Sorry to hijack your theread.:lol:
Dom
Welcome to the cult!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I'm back!

I ended up driving to Baltimore and am now the owner of a SILVER element. It needs a name now...

So I had to drive in some lovely weather (thats in my old GTI)

I look like a total dweeb haha

So pretty!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think I'm going to get custom plates (they're cheap in VA) that say:

AG ELMNT

If you need help figuring out what that stands for, look at a Periodic Table :grin:

·
Registered
872 Posts
I cant beleave it !!!! a sliver E ?what happened to the cargo kaki????I hope they gave it to you, oops that'a not what I ment. I hope they gave you a great deal for not getting you a cargo kaki. you gotta keep an eye on those car dealers,there real scam artist they are. well after seeing it in the pic's it kinda grows on you. well it sorta looks like a shiney metalic cargo kaki !!ya thats it. you got one and didn't know it !!! what a deal !!!! hows it ride,hows it sound,OMG I got goose bumps now a real shiney metalic mettell flake bitchen hot new E Im Elated for you. have a great time in your new E, I will call it Elation !!!!( I wish I could call it mine):roll: oh the dreams. and just for you

:hol039: :hol037::hol005:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Most Reliable!!!!

I've owned almost 50 cars in my lifetime....13 have been Honda's since 1974. It's unbelievable, but my SC is the only silver car I've ever owned! I really like the ASM! So.....congratulations on an awesome automobile in a great color! Also, I believe a read in some automotive publication recently that silver cars are always more reliable than any other color!! Yes...I'm quite positive I read that.....I think.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Congratulations and Welcome! And don't worry....Marksbug is just off his meds again....:roll:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys! Well today I hit the road for the goodies required for a new car.

Among the purchases were some new heavy duty floor mats made by GoodYear that I purchased for the car (I read about them on here, wow they are beefy). As an active cyclist and scuba diver I'll track my fair share of crap into this car.

Also working on making my custom bike mount for the back. Inspired by the fine folks of EOC forums! Will post pics...

I am pretty sure I saw that same thing about silver cars being the best. The car I learned to drive on was a silver Volvo wagon.

So are there EOC camping trips sponsored regularly? Because I suddenly have this itch to go camping!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts