Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be replacing the "badyears" with new rubber and the plan was to go with Geolander HT/S, but am concerned about the noise level. Should I be?

Have also considered these as alternatives:
Bridgestone Dueller Alenzas
Nokian WRG2
General Grabber HTS

·
Registered
288 Posts
Will be replacing the "badyears" with new rubber and the plan was to go with Geolander HT/S, but am concerned about the noise level. Should I be?

Have also considered these as alternatives:
Bridgestone Dueller Alenzas
Nokian WRG2
General Grabber HTS
I just bought a set for my TRP-E from Discount Tire. I bought 225/75-16's. I don't think they're any louder than the "badyears" that it came with. In ways, they almost seem quieter. At least, the "sound" is different, but definitely not louder. I think they do ride better. The E's not as bouncy and it seems to track better. I like them. I got the raised white letter sidewalls. Here's a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
662 Posts
I was a little unsure trying an unknown-to-myself tire, but we found that many name brand tires are actually made in China now. So, we took off the Michelin Pilots (got very noisy at half wear) and put on Kuhmo KR21 Solus. We are very, very pleased. It is a quiet tire and feels just like the Michelin and the price was very good. We prefer the driving comfort 34psi front and 32psi rear gives.

Hope this helps----best of luck

·
Registered
288 Posts
I was a little unsure trying an unknown-to-myself tire, but we found that many name brand tires are actually made in China now. So, we took off the Michelin Pilots (got very noisy at half wear) and put on Kuhmo KR21 Solus. We are very, very pleased. It is a quiet tire and feels just like the Michelin and the price was very good. We prefer the driving comfort 34psi front and 32psi rear gives.

Hope this helps----best of luck
What size tire do you have? How are the tires wearing with that psi? I've been running 5psi higher than Honda recommendations-so far, so good!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts