Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I made up my mind. Found the perfect setting for our 4 legged babies.

After taking 2 months off work to help Nancy with the babies 13 month and 2 month old boys and not even taking the dogs for one single walk, thank god my neighbours adore them and walked them twice every day. All I had time to do was just feed them and water them. And I know it wont get any better soon. I couldn't stand watching them stuck on the windowpane waiting for a walk or just lounging like couch potatos on the lawn chairs in the back yard. So I made the call.

It's unfair to my JRT's. As much as it hurts me we have to let them go for their own good.

I found the perfect home for them. 100 Acre farm just north of Cookstown.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sour...922,-79.742417&spn=0.003283,0.006518&t=h&z=18

The calls I had for them was overwhelming. At least 20 in the first 10 hours I posted them up for adoption.

And I didn't ice the cake at all. I pointed out these dogs are supercharged and need to be stimulated. Walked atleast 2 times daily and shed all year around. I pointed out these where not lap dogs.

I did some serious screening. There was no way I would just drop them off at any yahoo or adoption center.

The family has 5 kids and their own JRT passed away last month after reaching 16 years of age.

Most important the new family has welcomed us to drive by whenever we want to see them. So this way I'll know how they are doing.

I'm doing the right thing. I know it.

Saturday I let go of my first two babies. By guys. I love ya.

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Wow OUZO I am so happy for you. And happier for your JRT babies.

This sounds like a match, especially since the family just lost their long time companion.

Peace,
g

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
ouzzy.... i hear ya...its a tough decision..... but i am glad they found a new loving home.... suprisingly..... u got the same IKEA bed as me..... :lol:

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the deed is done.

We actually feel ok about it. Yea we miss them. But they are now having a blast and thier new owners email everyday with their progress.

When we got there their driveway was a mile long. WOW. And the main road is a dirt road.

5 kids where waiting on the front porch. Once they saw us in the distance I think they ran faster then bolt towards us.

Everyhting went well in the transaction. We stayed there for an hour. THey dogs and the kids went bananas.

The farm is HUGE. So we are happy with our choice.

And most important the new owners have told us we are invited to come by and see them whenever we like.

Here are some pics the new owners sent us.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Kids+JRTs+lots of space= great combination!!! Looks like they are very happy! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts