Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I now have my E and am already thinking about things to work on. First project will be setting up my Sirius Sportster on the ledge in front of the Aux port. I've seen some very creative attempts at running the antenna wiring within the dash, but I'd also like to run a wire for power that bypasses the on dash power (cleaner look, free for charging other devices when needed).

Any tips on obtaining direct power for the unit? I'm hoping the solution can be implemented similarly to the in dash wiring of the antenna.

-Ryan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the search tips. I did some searching before posting, but was looking more for recommendations on how best to wire discreetly through the dash, in the same area that others have used to run the satellite antenna wire.

A local installer said they would drill a hole down to the glove box area, and I was hoping there was a cleaner alternative.

-Ryan

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
Yes, you have to drill somewhere ... in your case, the tray in front of the Aux port has a ledge that faces toward the front of the car. If you can get a right-angle drill attachment and a short bit, you should be able to drill into that. Otherwise just remove the part and drill it on the bench.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I had that setup at one point and just used that double sided foam tape from 3M. I also used an add-a-circuit. Once my Sirius sup ran out, I took that setup out and used the add-a-circuit to power my drive+play and got a sub with XM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts