Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Would love to take a peek of your camping pics, but your link has timed out :cry:

BTW....where in MO? and where did you go camping? We are heading out next weekend for a little Route 66 road trip!

·
Registered
653 Posts
We took a short road trip to Ft. Davis last weekend for an awesome glimpse of the starry skies and a trial run of the new cabana...

My neck o' the woods, so to speak...

McDonald Observatory is on the highest point on Texas roads.

Obligatory exterior shot...

Obnoxious interior shot (with wifey still snoozin')

Dede uses the "dressing room" feature of the "Copa" cabana.

Loafing around before breaking down the gear to head home.

My photo of the Balmorhea State Park pool didn't come out well, so i snagged a stock pic. This is a really neat pool built atop a natural spring that keeps a constant 76-78 degrees all year 'round. And there are aquatic critters (fish, turtles, etc) that swim with ya.

All in all, the cabana was very easy to setup and performed well. Looks small on the outside, but inside, it really seems to open up the space.

Being certified city-clickers and therefore new to the ways of camping, it was a tricky outing, but still fun. We started out the evening feeling kinda stuffy so we had a little fan to help circulate the air. Goes without saying that, by early morning, we had very nearly frozen our butts off! :eek:

Met some nice folks and had a great time at the Star Party. Will definitely do again.

·
Registered
33 Posts
rodaniel said:
We took a short road trip to Ft. Davis last weekend for an awesome glimpse of the starry skies and a trial run of the new cabana...

We missed you by about two weeks. We recently visited Carlsbad Caverns, and then Ft. Davis/McDonald Observatory, finally ending up at Big Bend for a couple of days. The E really makes "car camping" easy. Hurricane Claudette washed the bugs off for us on the way home, so the E is none the worse for the experience.

We will be doing the "star party" thing again also. Oh, we also saw the "Marfa Mystery Lights". It turned out to be quite a vacation.

·
Registered
653 Posts
[quote:59d84e2c31="Don Chico Brewing Co."]Oh, we also saw the "Marfa Mystery Lights."[/quote:59d84e2c31]

Y'know, I've heard about the Marfa Lights, but I've never been there at nighttime, so I've never seen 'em. Anything to it?

Fort Davis is a nifty little town. The malt shop down at the end of the main street is really good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.