Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly I am considering an E within 3 months, depending on what the 2004's offer.

:?: What is the cabana? Is it a tent that you sleep in or does it have some other purpose?

Also, I'm a little worried about the durability of the exterior plastic panels. Is there any issue with these? Is there anyway I can strengthen them to resist scratching?

Is the hood air deflector a good thing ot get to prevent stones from hitting the windshield? I know you can't stop all of them but most of them would be good.

Is this vehicle as cool as E owners let it on to be? :D

·
Registered
227 Posts
4k miles on our E, we love it and have no problems. No scratching of the plastic. You can't really do anything to protect it from scratches, the whole purpose is, it is fairly durable and minor scratches should not be to noticeable if you treat with 303/meguiars/etc. If it bugs you get a new fender for $40.
The cabana is an enclosure for the rear, you can sleep with the tailgat down, it can also be used as a awning over the rear, supposedly it is not waterproof though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't know where you can get a new fender for $40...are you talking about the bumper? I was hit a few weeks ago and just the part price for a new rear bumper is well over $200!!! But I will say that the panels are durable because I came out of the "accident" with only scratches and not broken panels. I was worried after hearing some stuff on these message boards about the durability of the plastic.

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One question I haven't gotten a response on is is the Hood Edge Protector worth getting? Will it protect the hood and the windshield? I think it looks tacky but I'd like to protect my E.

·
Registered
894 Posts
It's a good idea for any vehicle. It will tend to reduce the number of bugs flying into the windscreen, and it will tend to stop dings and nicks in the hood from road debris.

In my mind it does not look that bad. It's far more practical than the "bra" - i removed the bra and replaced it with the bug shield.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi all. Can people tell me if the bra will cause color seperation between the covered and uncovered portion of the hood? Id hate to use one then when I decide to take it off end up having a two-toned hood.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
227 Posts
I had a bra on an Accord for a year, I ended up removing it, due to the crap that ends up under it, whuich acts like sandpaper. It took some real elbow grease to polish it up, but I didn't notice any "UV fade". I like the Xpel and similar type "clear bras", my brother has had that stuff on his BMW 3series for 2 years, you can't see it unless right up on it, and even then it looks good.

·
Registered
92 Posts
[quote:1f5fc5da1c="firetruck41"]Here is a link to the fender cladding (plastic) list is $59.02, their price $44.26 for the right side, left side is about a buck more. Look down the list at part number 1096163.[/quote:1f5fc5da1c]

Replaced my right-rear cladding with a phillips screwdriver and a 10mm socket wrench in under 30 minutes. Metal fenders are so 20th century!

Regards,
SOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts