Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm about the bite the long awaited bullet and was wondering what your thoughts were on Injens 2007 Cold Air Intake in Polished Chrome vs. Black Painted piping?

Can anyone share or post your photos in this thread of either color options?

Thanks!

·
Registered
523 Posts
So I'm about the bite the long awaited bullet and was wondering what your thoughts were on Injens 2007 Cold Air Intake in Polished Chrome vs. Black Painted piping?

Thanks!
I have the Chrome one. I really enjoy it but recently I realized I need to remove the bumper to clean the thing. Not very convenient. No pics on here but removing the airbox and resonator really opens up the engine bay. My gf backed into my car which misaligned some things which make my intake rattle at idle. I'm just to lazy to follow through with the repair claim. I also almost drowned my car during a really bad storm. AZ doesn't have a lot of storm drains and 4-6" of water in the road causes big problems if you do anything more than putt along. Taking off o/d on the freeway maximizes the purr this baby provides. I also have the Injen exhaust which is great too.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Chrome, for sure!

Thanks!
I got the CAI in chrome-I wanted the CAI to stand out, not disappear. Here are some pics I just took-okay, it's dusty under there!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I have the polished intake and I'm ready to paint it. Too much to keep polish looking really good. Mine is really oxydized and looks terrible. I'm either going to paint it black or gunmetal.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Burd619 do you have any top photos of the intake? I am hearing that the chrome folks don't like the chrome cuz of the up-keep.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts