Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 years has passed when we bought our E and definitely we've seen the E population grow here in calgary. after signing at the forum here only recently, we got the feeling of camaraderie but when we actually 'meet' another E on the road and nod or smile at them, nonchalance was the reply:confused:
just venting here. i've been acknowledged just once, ONCE! i know we can do better than that. i just want a simple wave or nod when we meet someone. :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oi vey! yehey! :grin:

i do usually go around the SE area (acadia) and i do appreciate it you responding here!

rest assured that once i 'meet' you and your E i'll do wave at you!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Acknowledging fellow "E" owners on road

Yep,

As a fellow Canuck, Albertan, and former Calgarain livin' down in SoCal now, I have had the same incidents down here where fellow E'ers do not wave back when you see them on the street. When the "E" first came out, you'd wave to a fellow E'r, and they would wave back, but now, the novelty has worn off, and most "E" owners just used theirs for transportation, as opposed to fun & games, so their "E" is no big deal. So, when you wave at 'em, they think your off your rocker, as they have no idea why your waving. The fact that your driving the same kinda car as them, does not even register in their minds.

I try to park next to other E's in parking lots, and sometimes leave flyers on their other E's windshields regarding the Element Club & it's forum. I've got a few people to join bacause of those.

I only bought my E this past spring second hand from my mother who owned it since new, and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it ! This forum I discovred very shortly after when web searching for accessories. Glad i found it. THIS is the place for that comraderie we lack out on the street......and the "E" shows & events we have that are announced through this site (we have our big SoCal "E" meet coming up in 2 weeks at Toyota Speedway down here--YIPPEE !!)

Go forth fellow E'ers & spread the word. Maybe we'll be able to get all E'ers waving to each other one day out on those streets !! haha

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
one of the reasons also (probably) is when i meet an E on the road or have them drive along with me here, rarely do i see them driven by the supposedly age bracket targeted by honda that will use the E's! almost all of them are driven by people on the 'older' age bracket (i can't seem to find an appropriate word to describe it, so pardon my lack of politically correct grammar). some of them probably are not fond of doing that acknowledgment.

i do have fun experiences though, once when this 2010 silver E passed by me and did a honk, jiggle and wave thing...:)
and then there's this episode when i parked beside another black E at home depot lot. this lady scooted to my E and about to unload her cart of mulches, thought that it was hers and had a good laugh because of her confusion, and regaled me of her stories about how she loved her car as her E's original owner was Kipper the goalie of the Flames and she the second owner ever since.:-D

anyways, i do still wave and smile... it doesn't hurt to do it anyways!

·
Registered
36 Posts
one of the reasons also (probably) is when i meet an E on the road or have them drive along with me here, rarely do i see them driven by the supposedly age bracket targeted by honda that will use the E's! almost all of them are driven by people on the 'older' age bracket (i can't seem to find an appropriate word to describe it, so pardon my lack of politically correct grammar). some of them probably are not fond of doing that acknowledgment.
You can call me anything from geezer to fogey, just not lazy or useless!

One thing about being older is that a great deal like the Element is readily apparent regardless of looks or cool factors. I think that is why older folks have gravitated to Elements. Wave and we will wave back, in the SE, 2008 silver EX

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
roaming the SE area too! around acadia. i do spy 3 E's within 2km radius.

hope to wave at you as im down to smiling and nodding to E's i meet on the street, getting tired of waving and embarrassed when getting nothing in return.

·
Registered
18 Posts
just bought an 09 SC! had it for 3 days now and friggin love it! I mentioned to my wife that I bet other Element drivers give you the nod and the subtle wave from the steering wheel, she laughed at me. I still plan on doing it.
-Auburn Bay area

1 - 14 of 14 Posts