Honda Element Owners Club banner

california E owners, where are you?

6K views 42 replies 40 participants last post by  onefastbox 
#1 ·
looks like most r from no. california, but i still see very few E's out there... i'm in richmond, driving a GG E...... how many think the horn on an E sounds like a baby cow with a gastro-disorder.?... :shock:

#11 ·
Stockton, CA... Yeah the Horn needs to be addressed... I have had people cut me off, and I use the horn, to only relise, I can barely hear it, how can someone else hear it... I replaced it with an aftermarket horn Fiamm... It was only $15, but call it a Big Rig loud horn (High Pitch).... Anyways, I'm still not happy with it's sound quality. I might invest in a high end one later... Anyways see you guys on the road, and if you you see a GG E with Mud Tires, chances are, it's me...

#13 ·
>>...trip to LA ... there are E's everywhere down there<<

Yes - It's true. I saw 4, FOUR! :eek: E's (including my 1st SLM) at once in the Albertsons Reseda parking lot today, not including my SOP. I think I'm going to start counting Scions instead :?

#14 ·
[quote:271e2e89f3="misfit"]looks like most r from no. california, but i still see very few E's out there... i'm in richmond, driving a GG E...... how many think the horn on an E sounds like a baby cow with a gastro-disorder.?... :shock:[/quote:271e2e89f3]I just bought my "EX 2WD Nighthawk Black Pearl H3" yesterday, July 3rd @ 10:00am. I live in Sacramento and bought it in Vallejo. I'm an outside sales rep and my clients are auto, boat and RV dealers. My territory is as far West as Vallejo, as far South as Fresno, as far East as Reno/Tahoe and as far North as Medford, Oregon. So...me and my new H3 will be traveling the freeways all over Northern California, Nevada and Oregon. I'm already counting the other H3's I see. As for the "horn", I haven't even had a chance to honk it yet. I've been too busy showing it off to all my family and friends!!!

#15 ·
I bought my Element on June 1st and yesterday was the first day I have ever seen another Element on the road here in my area. Me and the guy driving the other Element honked, waved, and acted like we were old buddies and I have no idea who this guy was! I guess its the "Brotherhood (or Sisterhood) of the Element". I know there are more Element owners here in SoCal but I have only seen one in a month!....maybe I just don't get out enough :lol:

#16 ·
I'm in Oakland, just got my SSM EX 2WD Element 2 weeks ago and I can't stay out of him. We call him Elmer :p

So far, I haven't seen any other E's on the road since I got mine, but 2 days before I got him, I saw an SSM on Hwy 5 with a bike in the back and that's when I knew I had to have one! I've been mesmerized by the E since I first saw it at a dealer about a month ago.

Since I found this forum early yesterday, I've been reading all the great posts about everything Element and I've been on H and A buying all the accessories I thought I couldn't afford because of dealer prices and installation charges. Thanks club!! I can't tell you how happy I am I found you guys!!! :D

#20 ·
I am up in Crestline, near Lake Arrowhead. The E is the ultimate mountain mobile, and there are at least 3 others up here that I know of.

Not bad for a town with no real permanent population! 4000, I think.

#22 ·
Hey Folks! I'm currently in Fresno, CA. on business. This city is loaded with Element Owners! Most of the Elements are fixed up too! Sport Racks, Lowering Kits and they all have aftermarket Tires & Wheels...18", 20", 22" and "Spinners". I'm in Element Heaven. And the Honda Dealers here have Elements on their lots and showrooms with all the Element Accessories installed on them. I finally got a chance to see and touch the large armrest/console. Very cool! I'm definitely getting one of those now!!!

#24 ·
I have to tell you.....there's a lot of ELEMENT LOVE in Fresno! I've been in this city on business for two days now. I've received SO MANY compliments! I wish got this much "positive feedback" in my home town. Here in Fresno, it's (almost) as exciting as when the "New Beetle" came out in 1998. When I bought my New Beetle in 1998, I painted it like "Herbie, The Love Bug". It also had 20" MOMO Wheels, Dual Exhaust, Splash Guards and a Carbon Fiber Dash & Engine Kit. The attention I got driving that around was absolutely CRAZY!!!!

#25 ·
I've had my GG 4wdEX for a few weeks now and couldn't be happier. We've already made a couple of trips up to the Trukee area for hikes and didn't see one other Element on the road. We got a lot of long looks from other drivers and other hikers. I overheard one guy ask his buddy "what kind of vehicle is that?" On one trip we drove about four miles off road to get to a trailhead. Ruts, rocks, bumps, mud, uphill and downhill no problem! This site was a great help when I was considering my purchase. I'm glad to be a member.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.