Honda Element Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
This might be a redundant question but are RSX and Element knuckles the same to the point they are swappable? part numbers are different but doesn't mean they aren't the same.

·
Registered
231 Posts
ianmel22, That is a great price, and glad to hear they are preforming well. Did you notice if Callahan has the same set up for the rears? And glad to hear that they fit, even if Amazon said they wouldn't. Maybe it was because the dust shields needed to be modified.
My 05 Ex needs a full rear brake overhaul and I found these from the same source as the front kit in this thread. Just nervous about ordering it and it not fitting. My dust shields are already rubbing due to corrosion.

https://www.amazon.com/CCK02615-Ori...VRNB9WQ1GE4&psc=1&refRID=Q9K1GNT16VRNB9WQ1GE4

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hello,
So these were plug and play other than modifying the dust shield?
Is it just a matter of bending the shield a bit?

Thanks!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Amen Funbox, people outside of this forum just don't get it. I have spent so much money over the years on OEM parts, but I learned the hard way. The worst was when I was younger and was short on cash. Bought a cheap non OEM alternator, this caused all sorts of problems. Ended up shelling out $400 for the genuine (not re-manufactured) alternator months later. Wont do that again. You live and learn, at least I try to! :-D

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on a complete set of Power Stop brakes. After reading and comparing between Callahan , OEM, and others , I finally chose these. I have been fighting a rear right caliper issue for awhile. On my second one, so I thought I would try these. They seem to have good reviews. And living in an area where I have to go up and down a mountain numerous times a day, Im hell on tires and brakes.My accent is 1000 ft in about two miles.
AND, after thinking , "maybe it's time to look at new AWD vehicles , I rethought the " new car or newer car" thing. Limited income, I don't want to spend $30,000 plus.
So, put the money into the E, which I like anyway, just wish it had a 6 cylinder.
I will let you all know how well the Power stops work in time.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on a complete set of Power Stop brakes. After reading and comparing between Callahan , OEM, and others , I finally chose these. I have been fighting a rear right caliper issue for awhile. On my second one, so I thought I would try these. They seem to have good reviews. And living in an area where I have to go up and down a mountain numerous times a day, Im hell on tires and brakes.My accent is 1000 ft in about two miles.
AND, after thinking , "maybe it's time to look at new AWD vehicles , I rethought the " new car or newer car" thing. Limited income, I don't want to spend $30,000 plus.
So, put the money into the E, which I like anyway, just wish it had a 6 cylinder.
I will let you all know how well the Power stops work in time.
Funny you mention it, Rockauto just delivered my Power Stop rear brake kit, including calipers, rotors, pads and brake lines. I was afraid to try to source any upgrade for the rear. Hope to be installing them one night later this week.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I ended up replacing my rotors and pads with EBC oem replacements and i can tell you these things brake awesome! I would definitely recommend them. Might try some slotted ones next. Best thing is they really went too expensive.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
I agree, The Power Stop brakes seem to have more of a solid feel to them. Now taking into consideration that the old brakes were not great, maybe they just feel new. Even so, my old fronts were in good shape, the backs had about 23% left on them. I always seemed to be changing them at different times, so I figured that I would do a complete system up grade and have a new reference point to start. Ill keep the forum updated ask time, and wear, goes on. I do like the looks of the Power Stops on the car also.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I agree, The Power Stop brakes seem to have more of a solid feel to them. Now taking into consideration that the old brakes were not great, maybe they just feel new. Even so, my old fronts were in good shape, the backs had about 23% left on them. I always seemed to be changing them at different times, so I figured that I would do a complete system up grade and have a new reference point to start. Ill keep the forum updated ask time, and wear, goes on. I do like the looks of the Power Stops on the car also.
I also did them pretty much at the same time as well, as they were all pretty sad. I also like the looks, and was joking with some of my friends at the gym today, saying "hey, did you guys notice the BBK on my Element?" Lol!

·
Registered
2004 SOP EX/AWD/MT
186 Posts
Just ordered Power Stop calipers online...everything else I'm picking up locally.
Looking forward to improving the brakes on the E.

·
Registered
2004 SOP EX/AWD/MT
186 Posts
Just finished the brake upgrade...I like (y)
Didn't even have to cut the dust shield, only bend the corners where it interfered with the TSX caliper.
Only regret is not knowing about this upgrade before replacing the front rotors last year.

Improved braking performance with zero downside.

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 SOP EX/AWD/MT
186 Posts
The more I drive the E (after the TSX brake upgrade), the more I feel our Es should have come stock with these brakes (y)

·
Registered
122 Posts
The more I drive the E (after the TSX brake upgrade), the more I feel our Es should have come stock with these brakes (y)
What makes you say that? What is the difference you feel?

·
Registered
2004 SOP EX/AWD/MT
186 Posts
I recently went on a road trip with lots of windy country roads.
When braking, there were occasions when the original brakes felt lacking.
The upgraded brakes are just more responsive, more confidence inspiring.

Confidence Inspiring...two words to describe my feelings on this upgrade.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Elment EX Auto FWD
72 Posts
I read on another thread that there was a slight noise of air with the 16s at highway speeds.

·
Registered
2004 SOP EX/AWD/MT
186 Posts
I'm running original 16 alloys and haven't experience any noise.
Still highly recommend the TSX upgrade (y)

·
Registered
2005 Honda Element Ex
16 Posts
I need rear brakes, rotors and pads. Would the TSX be a swap I could have a local mechanic do since the modification is straightforward?

If I'm doing the backs, do I need to do the fronts as well?

Fronts are not worn currently, just not sure if the change in rear requires swapping the front as well.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts