Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about a camping w/e in March? I'm free the w/e of the 27th and 28th.

I know it's short notice ..whatcha think?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Don't know about march might be too cold.. Check out the June camping trip

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
June?..I saw that thread. I don't know about planning that far ahead, not with my new job.

·
Registered
543 Posts
We did the Beach Blast in late March last year, down near Wilmington, and it was cold. Not deadly dangerous cold, but uncomfortable -- and given my druthers I think I druther not do that agin! :shock: I'm guessing late March in or near the mountains would be more likely to be pretty cold. Mid-Late April, maybe.........:roll: I, too, may well be dealing with a new job, so I have to remain tentative.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Cold in March???

Come on guys...... Really? March is the most beautiful time in this area, we should be embracing it. ;-)

·
Registered
543 Posts
What kind of camping are you talking about?
Usually at State Parks or organized campgrounds. A few trailers perhaps, and sometimes a few folks might take a cabin if they're available, but it seems to be mostly tent camping. None too primitive, mind you, so there must be water handy and at least some electrical connections (microwaves, blenders, waffle irons -- you know, the essential stuff.:grin:) Camps, and hopefully campers, must be multi-specie tolerant (human/canine). We insist on good food, light, good beverages, small heaters if req, good food, plenty of comfortable chairs, and.... oh yeah, good food. :lol:

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Pick a date and go for it, those that can will. :grin:

I had hopes of doing something for a 'Spring Fling' this year, but I just plain don't have the free time to set it up. :-(

Seriously, if you have the time, pick a place - date and post it. There will most likely be enough of us to show up to make it worthwhile.

I'm thinking most of us are looking forward to a lot of camping this year, last year was pretty much a bust.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'm off the 26th and 27th and don't work until 1 or 2 pm on the 28th. I may be up for something. I don't want to freeze either but I'm itching for a camping trip:)

·
Registered
348 Posts
We're squeezing in a couple nights March 19-21 at Little Pee Dee State Park in South Cakilacky with fellow EOC'er bassmangtk (aka Gary and Adele!)

Park ranger said the joint was wide open...

That said, we're also open the weekend of March 26-28th is something firms up!

Keep us in the looper - including the Meadows of Dan trip in June!!

jamie and Kat

·
Registered
348 Posts
Heya Mid-Southers - just dropped back by to post a link to a photo album from our recent outing to Little Pee Dee State Park, just outside Dillon, S.C.

Hands'down gorgeous little campground out in the middle of B.F. Nowhere, but simply awesome sites with lake and woodland views. Honest, this place really is something special.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=11513235&l=5ecd9a385c&id=728870219

Any more details about Meadows of Dan??? Inquiring minds wanna know!

Cheers, Jamie and Kat

·
Registered
575 Posts
Looks great! Thanks

·
Registered
941 Posts
Medows of Dan is on I will be making my reservations in April
I will be talking to the winery in May to set up the tours
need to come up with games

1 - 14 of 14 Posts