Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I haven't received my Element yet (supposed to be mid-June) we shall see. I think this site is great and I'm looking for fellow owners or potential owners in the Ottawa region, Eastern Ontario or Western Quebec. Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was supposed to pick mine up in mid June as well...things have very suddenly taken a turn for the better! After placing a call to my salesman asking for an update he basically had to come out and tell me that there was no way they were going to make the mid-June delivery for my black Y AWD E. The build date had been pushed back to June 17 and he wasn't even sure we'd be able to get it for the beginning of July (when we need it for a big roadtrip/camping expedition)....

HOWEVER...

They just received 2 SOP Y AWDs! Since the SOP had intrigued us all along my wife and I decided to grab one while we could so our summer plans weren't completely hosed... SO...

We pick it up Saturday morning!

All of this to say that there will be one more E owner in the nation's capital. Maybe if there's enough of us some day we'll be able to show those Markham folks how it's done!

Peace

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi phishisgruvin. Good to hear from another Ottawa Elementer. Sounds like a good compromise on your purchase. Mine apparently is still scheduled for delivery in mid June. Hmmm. LOL. I've dealt with the dealer for quite a few years and think that they're fairly trustworthy. Again. Hmmm. From what I read it probably won't come til July. I'm getting a green Y 5spd.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey guys...I'm not sure how to take that!! :wink: :wink:

Jonathan B (husband) and I will be driving thru your neck of the woods at the end of June. We should hook up either on our way to Quebec (Cheneville) or on our way home. I can't remember when the Ottawa Beer Festival is, I have a feeling it's Mid-July though...that would have been fun!! We could have all crashed in our "E"'s!

We'll be on our way through probably Sunday the 22 or Monday the 23 then returning home June 28th.

Keep in touch...

BB

·
Registered
13 Posts
No offense intended BB! There's hardly any E owners in this area as far as I can tell so we have to puff out our chests a little!

Well, the first weekend of E ownership has gone by and it was a blast!!! It sure does wonders for the ego to have people honking and waving and giving the thumbs up when you drive past...even the quizzical or scrunchy faced looks are kinda cool. The SOP helps as well since the thing really stands out.

Not a single glitch with the vehicle so far...I should hope not since it's only got 169km on it as of this morning!

I also got to check out the cleanability of the floor surfaces...I've been driving an Audi A4 for the last 4 years and suffice it to say the cornering characteristics of the A4 and the E are somewhat different... :) We were driving home with some flower pots in the back and one of them tipped over and spilled half its dirt load in the cargo area. One ShopVac application and one damp soapy rag later and you wouldn't have even known it happened.

Anyway, here's hoping some more Ottawa E owners come out of the woodwork...and BB, if you and hubby are passing through for sure drop me a line on this thread or via PM and possibly we can work out a quick meet and patio stop somewhere...after a week and a half of solid rain it looks like the sun is finally coming back to eastern Ont...here's hoping it holds.

Later,

Phishisgruvin

·
Registered
64 Posts
Deal!! We'll keep in contact...

as for the plant (and grovceries..they like to slide around too)...there are Rubbermaid containers at Walmart that work perfect for in the cargo area of the E. We paid $7.95 (I think) each...got 2 of them and the seats still go flat when they are in there...great value and less mess!! :wink: as for the contatiners sliding...that anti skid stuff mostly used on dashboards glued to the bottom works perfect!!

Ciao for now...
Brenda

·
Registered
13 Posts
I actually found a solution for the grocery bag problem...there are two retractable hooks (one on each side) on the side panels of the cargo area that I presume are there for holding grocery bags...at least I hope that's what they're for! I had them loaded up pretty well with some heavy stuff (oven roast) and a couple of bottles of wine and there didn't seem to be any give or bending.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'll be traveling to Ottawa some time in June to visit friends and family as well as my favorite Chinese food place "The Golden Palace" The BEST Egg Rolls anywhere.

Actually I'm going for Egg Rolls and seeing friends.

·
Registered
64 Posts
[quote:79de74ce10="phishisgruvin"]I actually found a solution for the grocery bag problem...there are two retractable hooks (one on each side) on the side panels of the cargo area that I presume are there for holding grocery bags...at least I hope that's what they're for! I had them loaded up pretty well with some heavy stuff (oven roast) and a couple of bottles of wine and there didn't seem to be any give or bending.[/quote:79de74ce10]

Those hooks are actually for the Cargo net...but that works too!! HEY here's an idea...instead of getting the cargo net, just get a bungee cord hook one end to a hook then thread the bungee through the handles of the bags hook the other end to the other side and make sure it is pretty tight...that would also keep the from dumping...! Brilliant! too bad we already spent the $$ on the cargo net....it's still worth having, but as a secondary solution, that's great!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I want my Element now! I happened to see a GG Y on Friday night at the football game. Asked the owner how long he had waited - said he ordered it in early May and got it just after Victoria Day! Hope mine is as quick. Completely forgot to ask him if he knew about this club or not. If you're visiting town after mid June hopefully I'll be able to join in on the fun. Great idea about the bungee cord and the cargo hooks - I almost ordered the cargo net - thanks for the great idea.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I knew it had to happen. I won't be the first person in my neighbourhood to get a GG Element. :( There is a GG that I keep seeing around Old Ottawa South, east of Bank. As I read in another message board, it's kinda like showing up to a big party and seeing someone with the same dress! :lol: Ah well, the more the merrier - especially since I'm still waiting for mine. I'd like to hear from this GG owner to find out how they are enjoying their vehicle. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hello Ottawa "EO"'s!

Jonathan b and I will be heading on our treck to northern Quebec on Sunday June 22. We want to know if anyone wants to get together for a couple of brewskies?

We will have our beloved boxer, Petey, with us so we won't be able to stay very long, but thought it would be great to meet all you guys!

You can leave me a PM with a cell number and I will do the same so we can be in communicato as we near our great Nation's Capital!

or

If you want to pre arrange something, post an idea and we will discuss in it the forum!

I am not sure what time we will be arriving in Ottawa (I am going to the "Concert for Toronto" at Skydome and Jon has a Golf tourney on the Saturday before we leave.... :shock: translation: we might be a little on the "beaten" side Sunday morning!) But we want to try and get an early start either way! We hope to be in the Ottawa area for noonish or early afternoon.

Let me know what you all think! hope fully we can arrange something for the way there, if not, maybe for the way back!!

Talk To Ya Soon!
BB

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey BB

Tied up (not literally ) on Sunday, honk on the 416, maybe our E will hear and honk back ;-)
Speaking of dogs, ours were ping ponging in the back. Probably old news but Home Hardware sells black carpet runner with a rubber backing. the 36" stuff fits perfect between the wheelwells and gives lots of traction. Carpet lies flat and when the seats are in, we just rest the seat brackets on the carpet and roll it back when there's passengers so the brackets lock in.

ThirstE

·
Registered
64 Posts
That's too bad, we we will be coming back thru the weekend of the 28-29, We will try to post again...

We have a dog "tent" that Petey is safe and sound in the back. He's older and no longer enjoys the "car ride" as much. This way he feels safe and secure, and we don't have to worry about him. The seats are folded up and he is it the tent in the middle... it's soft and has lots of ventilation. Got it at Petcetera

Well we'll honk all right....if you do see us...make sure you flag us down, we have our EOC sticker rear glass passenger side, bottom corner.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sadly will be in Montreal on Sunday. I don't have my E yet but am anxious to meet up with those that do. Are you coming back through Ottawa?
ThirstE - what's up with having to get new rockers and fenders at 10K?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey CC

the arch just in front of the rear wheel were pitted good and a little bit on the rockers and same just above the wheel arch. Soft plastic meets road grit I guess? Dealer contacted Honda who replaced them but goodwill only not warranty. I was gonna argue but figured I'd pick my battles with lots of warranty left. When the panels were replaced, I put on Honda mud flaps. Don't wait, DO IT! Now at 19k I have some minor pitting but not the sandblasted look like before. Ideally the E needs a bigger mudflap up front than stock which I may yet do but I don't want it to look stupid.

First gen CRV's had a similar problem (Honda, do you listen?) and sorta fixed it with a clear plastic overlay, something also to be considered.

ThirstE

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well Crazy Cat hope you have your E by now.
Just read your post and I live smack dab in the middle of Ottawa and I have been driving My E for a Month.

Have you seen the BOB radio E - Man I think it ruins it.

GM

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Crazy Cat well I hope you have your E by now.

I live smack dab in the middle of Ottawa and Have had mine for a month.

Just read your post now - It would be nice to hook up with other E owners in the area.

has anybody seen the BOB radio E - it ruins suck a nice vehicle.

GM

1 - 20 of 73 Posts