Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone! My name is Anthony! I have lowered my 2004 Honda Element EX with BC super low coilovers. My baby currently sit at 27.5 inches at the wheel wells all around. I love my Element sitting this low due to the handling, it gives me the best of both world, handles like a race car with the space of an SUV! This is something that I was always going to do when I got my hands on an Element! I have rear camber issues with the way the rear tires wear. I need a 14' rear upper control arm to fix the issue! I could raise the rear to fix it as well but that is a last resort if I can't find what I need and really, really don't want to raise it. Do you guys have any words of wisdom for me that I haven't thought of? I also don't want to replace the rear lower control arm, I know if I put a shorter rear lower control arm it would also fix the rear tire camber. But not what I want to do. Just need a 14' rear upper control arm for my 2004 Honda Element EX. Open to any suggestions that would work. Thank you all for your time. On a fun note, my baby has 220,000 miles and still running strong! I love my E!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
have you looked into the adjustable rear upper control arms? I have the Moog ones, put them on just before doing an alignment the next day but my car is not lowered

I think Eibach makes adjustable rear upper control arms too

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have you looked into the adjustable rear upper control arms? I have the Moog ones, put them on just before doing an alignment the next day but my car is not lowered

I think Eibach makes adjustable rear upper control arms too
Hello,

Thank you very much. I currently have the adjustable Rear Upper Control Arms on my car now but they max out at 10' inches. I will look into the Eibach ones to see how long they are. Thanks again!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
14 inches is a huge difference from 10 inches - that doesn't sound right.
Hello,

My current set up is measured at 10' inches with the Adjustable Rear Upper control arms that I have on it now. But I have rear tire camber issues. I need a 14' inch Rear Upper Control Arm to fix the issue.

Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How much negative camber ( in degrees) are the rear wheels currently at?
Hi again, I don't know but it is definitely negative camber. I am hoping that it is no greater than -2 degrees of negative camber because then Eibach might have a Upper Rear Control arm that might work for me! Fingered crossed, just waiting on the techs to measure it and get back to me. Thanks again!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just want to thank you guys for your comments and help. I have solved my rear camber issue. I had Corsa Tecknic raise my BC coilovers an inch in the front and rear. Installed some new Adjustable Rear Upper Control arms from 1Aauto.com and problem solved! My baby rides perfectly! Now it is time to save up to replace all the other OEM suspension parts! Going with OEM as I love the ride of my baby! Good luck to all the E-Owners out there, keep the Element on the road running!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts