Honda Element Owners Club banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
hicker chick--thanks for starting this thread--i will have a lot to post for sure. i am a camp junkie, and when i start hauling out my gear i am also going to have lots of pichas for your other camping favorite things thread!

and gidget is so very very pretty in some of these shots. she looks like perfection. she is a real flirt for the camera i think
Indeed, Gidget has a camera awareness. Hence one of her nicknames: Diva.

Just got the new Care a lot Pets catalogue and I'm mulling a kennel floor they have as something that could be nice in camp, especially in sites with lots of dead leaves and ticks that adhere to them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I love all Ruffwear gear - I have their collapsable bowls, packs, beacons, leashes...etc.

The Palisades pack is my favorite since the bags can be removed without having to remove the entire harness. The harness is comfortable and adjusts perfectly. There are compression straps for the saddle bags and a handle on the harness in case the dog needs assistance.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Cabela's is carrying a sleeping bag for dogs who are not blessed with Gidget's fur. Not recommended for dog owners cursed with Gidget's fur.

;-)

Coleman Hibernation™ Sleeping Bag for Dogs
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=catfeatds&id=0052563660270a&navCount=1&podId=0052563&parentId=cat20862&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=IJ&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat20862&hasJS=true&hasJS=true
$17.99 - $34.99

Let sleeping dogs lie in this Coleman® ComfortSmart™ bag for dogs. ThermoTech® polyester fiber insulation provides your pet with warmth and comfort on camping and hunting trips. Features design elements that ensures convenient operation and prevents heat loss, like Zipper Glide™ for easier zipping. Also features a water-resistant bottom, sturdy cotton and cozy fleece. Convenient compression strap for dogs on the go. Available in four sizes. Machine washable.

Available: Small: 18" x 24". Weighs 2 lbs.
Medium: 26" x 34". Weighs 3.2 lbs.
Large: 32" x 42". Weighs 4 lbs.
Extra Large: 40" x 52". Weighs 5.2 lbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Dog Packs

I have owned a couple of dog packs in the past. What I found is that both packs I bought (can't even remember the brands, but they WEREN't CHEAP) caused abrasion on the front of the dogs shoulders which resulted in fur wear. Has anybody noticed this with the Kelty packs? I see REI now carries Kelty packs and they look pretty decent. I also like the looks of the Ruffwear pack that is pictured a few posts back--with the handle and also the cutouts at the pack where it goes over the dog's back. I always felt that my packs (which had solid cordura top sections) were likely too warm for the dogs. (At the time I was hiking with a golden retriever)

PS. I like the doggy sleeping bags--I sent doggy sleeping bags (Edie Bauer brand) to several of my pups this past Christmas--those ones whose owners had sent photos of them out camping the summer before. Yes, I spoil my babies....even after I sell them, they are always "mine".

61 - 67 of 67 Posts