Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone camping out at iwalei best buy? i'm gonna be there around 6:30 if anyone is going, maybe we can camp out together. if you dont have my number then PM me, i usually respond back right away.

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Wal-Mart worker dies in Black Friday stampede

...and this is not the first incident of this sort on Black Friday

Wal-Mart worker in N.Y. dies after being trampled during Black Friday event

The Associated Press
3:00 PM EST, November 28, 2008

NEW YORK - Wal-Mart worker was killed Friday after an "out of control" throng of shoppers eager for post-Thanksgiving bargains broke down the doors at a suburban store and knocked him to the ground, police said.

At least four other people, including a woman eight months pregnant, were taken to hospitals for observation or minor injuries, and the store in Valley Stream on Long Island was closed for several hours. It reopened shortly after 1 p.m.

Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in Bentonville, Ark., called the incident a "tragic situation" and said the employee came from a temporary agency and was doing maintenance work at the store.

rest of story here

·
Registered
914 Posts
Wouldn't happen here, the sales are too organized with lines stretching around the parking lot and down the block. If they didn't have the lines, there would probably be a mob like that, but I like to think that the Aloha spirit would prevail and even if someone got knocked down, the next guy would pick him up.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm happy I got what I want, picked up a laptop for $397 (original price is 650 before tax) had a nice samsung 19" monitor for $130 but I didn't have enough money for it. lol kinda fun camping out at best buy.. might do it again next year if I have enough money and If see anything I like..

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
You had it easy, I saw some shoppers camping out at our local BB. High that day was something like 22 degrees... Guess that really makes you think what you need and what you can wait for:p

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Hey Sleepy you should put "was an E owner" lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts