Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I absolutely love my Honda Element. I have always had Honda's since i could drive, and they have never let me down. Camping is my hobby so last year I decided to buy a camper so that I didn't have to sleep on the ground in a tent anymore, so I bought a Little Guy......best choice ever!!! It is light enough to tow with the Element, and big enough to sleep me and my wife while providing full electricity, air conditioning and a kitchen area equipped with a sink and stove. It is so fun to just go off and disappear with this and camp for a week at a time, it is the best quality camper around and it can be towed with the best quality car around :)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Welcome! Pics! Pics! Share the visions!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Little Guy

I have the Little Guy 5 wide. I added the air conditioning and the power and the sink and stove. It is the best investment I have made, it tows very nicely behind me. I ordered through Dillon at their corporate headquarters and it was very simple and I got a great deal. They will even drive it out to your house. Here is the number for his office 877-545-4897. You will be very happy with these trailers. This is the one I picked up from him at corporate headquarters...

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:-D I absolutely love my Honda Element. I have always had Honda's since i could drive, and they have never let me down. Camping is my hobby so last year I decided to buy a camper so that I didn't have to sleep on the ground in a tent anymore, so I bought a Little Guy......best choice ever!!! It is light enough to tow with the Element, and big enough to sleep me and my wife while providing full electricity, air conditioning and a kitchen area equipped with a sink and stove. It is so fun to just go off and disappear with this and camp for a week at a time, it is the best quality camper around and it can be towed with the best quality car around :)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Looks really nice dman19. Congrats.

Keep sharing the trips. Lotsa of kindred camping spirits here (and those living on wishful thinking like myself).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought the 5 wide and I put in air conditioning with a sink and stove and full electric. I went through Dillon at corporate headquarts and it was a very easy process, and I got a pretty good deal. I love it!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I like the concept of teardrop trailers, and was considering buying one, until I had a chance to get inside some at a show.

(mild rant follows) I expected that entering and exiting a teardrop might require some contortions, but I didn't realize that sitting up in bed or rolling over while sleeping might be a problem for taller or big-footed people. The trailers I tried seem to have been designed using obsolete armed forces human dimension statistics from WW2.

Since the lack of nearby showrooms forces me to do my preliminary shopping by web, the lack of detailed inside dimensions and published prices for the basic models is a real obstacle to comparing models and manufacturers.

If manufacturers would provide the dimensions from the mattress to roof at 36" down from the headboard (hip position), and the mattress to under-cabinet height at the foot, it would be a big help. A scaled cross section drawing would be better, but I guess that it's too much effort for them to publish existing drawings as pdfs. (end rant)

I've resigned myself to building a teardrop if I decide I need one, but I have one question - if it's raining when you camp, where/how do you stow wet shoes and jackets without getting the bedding wet at night?

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
I like the concept of teardrop trailers, and was considering buying one, until I had a chance to get inside some at a show.

(mild rant follows) I expected that entering and exiting a teardrop might require some contortions, but I didn't realize that sitting up in bed or rolling over while sleeping might be a problem for taller or big-footed people. The trailers I tried seem to have been designed using obsolete armed forces human dimension statistics from WW2.

Since the lack of nearby showrooms forces me to do my preliminary shopping by web, the lack of detailed inside dimensions and published prices for the basic models is a real obstacle to comparing models and manufacturers.

If manufacturers would provide the dimensions from the mattress to roof at 36" down from the headboard (hip position), and the mattress to under-cabinet height at the foot, it would be a big help. A scaled cross section drawing would be better, but I guess that it's too much effort for them to publish existing drawings as pdfs. (end rant)

I've resigned myself to building a teardrop if I decide I need one, but I have one question - if it's raining when you camp, where/how do you stow wet shoes and jackets without getting the bedding wet at night?
We always put up a canopy next to our teardrop.
We use a First Up with the tent attachment. Gives us room to change in and keep the potty:oops:

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes we do the same thing. we have a tent that hooks up to it that gives us a big area to keep whatever we want in. It's also nice to sit in there and still have some fresh air when it's raining.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Little Guy Teardrop

Hey all, We bought a Little Guy 4 wide a couple of months ago and I LOOOOOVE this thing!

I am a bit claustrophobic and looked at the outside of one and said no way. But once I got in it, it was sold. Hubby is over 6 feet and has no problem in it; we get the two of us and our two medium sized dogs in it when we camp.

We got ours at Little Guy in San Diego; they will let you rent one and then apply the rental fee to a purchase. We also got the attachable changing room/potty (in the photo, set up in the garage) that is a pop-up...goes up and packs down in 3 seconds. We use small plastic bins with lids for our shoes outside of the trailer door.

Our camping packing, set up, tear down and unpacking is way down in time. dealing with the elements now is no problem. The screened windows, door deadbolts and ceiling fan vent are priceless. It's so light I can move it by hand on flat ground, and hubby and I rolled it off the E up a hilly campsite drive.

I included a photo of the E towing from behind on the freeway so you can see that it follows within the E footprint...we took it on a narrow two-way mountain road AND through a DRIVE THRU with zero problems!

BTW..it's HALF the price of other teardrop manufacturers.

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
Looks like a great set-up, Dog-Owned, and looks sharp with your E.

I am amazed that you, your husband and two pups are comfy in a 4-wide. Bonus that the 4-wide is lighter and less wind-resistance than my 6-wide.

I now love sleeping in my teardrop -- it's so cozy.

:)

Ha! Well, I said we all FIT in it...:lol: Yes, it really is like being in a little bear den. Very warm and cozy on cold mountain nights. When we got up one morning and emerged from hibernation, we opened the door to high winds that we didn't even notice while inside. :grin:

The dogs sneak into the garage when we're not camping now and want to get inside the trailer to sleep! Funny stuff.

Thanks, HK, for fielding my questions about the teardrop when we were thinking about getting one!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts