Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,903 Posts
the interior width is about 44" at the most narrow point.. You will need to move the front seats up, or have the tail gate open.

if you got with the Aerobed... here are the dimensions:
• Twin inflates to 74 in. long x 39 in. wide x 11 in. high
• Full inflates to 74 in. long x 53 in. wide x 11 in. high
• Queen inflates to 74 in. long x 59 in. wide x 11 in. high

So a twin width looks like it will fit perfectly.

Good luck, we are gonna wait to here about your Element Camping Experience!

· Registered
1,903 Posts
Me too, they are nice, I like how they have the built in pump and the speed of inflation and de-flating.. very nice. I might try to see if I can squeeze a full size in there, which would keep the cold walls off of ya.. it might work.. figure if you don't inflate it all the way.. so if i do this i will let ya all know..

I would love to hear what every one else i gonna do and try!

· Registered
1,903 Posts
Joan you are neat, and yeah my hubbie & I were talking about the fit of a mattress back there.. and we likely would get a full size air mattress, place it un-inflated then let it fill the space.. when it is inflating.

That would also keep those cold walls off of ya, and it would not slip and slide either.

Your technique is cool too, but i can not stand those nasty foam things, plus they take up alot of space, with the air beds they collapse nicely.

· Registered
1,903 Posts
awesome pdub that sounds like fun..where abouts are you planning to camp? Have a good time, and we all will look forward to those pix!

· Registered
1,903 Posts
dstrand: that is why i love that back skylight,.. just for the same purpose.. with the screen! But it nice to have the option to camp in your vehicle, or camp in a tent.. always an option.. this is a good thing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.