Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title sez it all. I've got a 2008 EX with premium stereo, and I'm looking to add a GPS. Before I buy an (admittedly cheaper) after-market garmin unit, I just wanted to see if a current factory GPS/stereo unit can be installed in the 2008.
thanks,
axdop

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Here are the parts required.

c89f5cf028aacdf796d250690ba69807.jpg

It looks feasible. I don't know of anyone who has done it though.

It's dated technology, and with a list price of $3,300+, you could probably do much better installing an aftermarket unit with newer technology.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Agreed, don't waste your money on a system Honda has been using for many years without refreshing the UI. Hell, even an aftermarket handheld would be better than the in-dash one they offer.

And as suggested, there are far better and more feature-filled 3rd party systems that you could purchase at more than half the cost of the Honda branded version.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Do you really want the oem unit that does half of what my Kenwood does at twice the price?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good points...

Sorry it's taken so long to reply...busy week at the office, and no time for fun. Yeah, no way I'm paying $3,300 for that. It's a bummer, as I had an '04 TSX, and loved the nav. I don't want to give up my fairly decent factory tunes for an aftermarket unit. Think I'll go with a Garmin. Thanks, very much for the info and time!
-axdop

1 - 5 of 5 Posts