Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this seems like a silly question.. :|

I like to drive my other vehicle with the sunroof tilted open or slid all the way back. I've not had an opportunity to use the Skylight on my Element EX yet, but is is OK to drive with the Skylight tilted up? - I thought that I read somewhere that you weren't supposed to do that (I admit that doesn't sound right...)

Anyway I hope that it's OK to do - it would be great as soon as Spring gets here.

Thanks for replying.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Yes. Many of us do. I do not recall reading anything saying you can't.

There are even some crazy owners that will leave it open like that for practically the entire year. I will not mention any names like Dom.five or anything to keep from singling anybody out. ;-)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. As soon as it gets warm, that's going to be sweet with the Skylight popped open.

Have a blessed Sunday!

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I keep mine open year 'round. It helps venting parked or driven, and the doors close easier without having to pressurize the cab... I only close it for washing or when its parked and I need to expect rain...

·
Registered
590 Posts
I keep mine open year 'round. It helps venting parked or driven, and the doors close easier without having to pressurize the cab... I only close it for washing or when its parked and I need to expect rain...
you are also in california, if i left mine open, it'd be full of snow if i wasn't careful.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Yes. Many of us do. I do not recall reading anything saying you can't.

There are even some crazy owners that will leave it open like that for practically the entire year. I will not mention any names like Dom.five or anything to keep from singling anybody out. ;-)

Guilty as charged!

I do have it open all year long. Surprisingly, It has only had snow inside on one occasion. The wind direction must have been wrong.

Dom

·
Registered
599 Posts
Not only can you drive with it popped open, you can drive with it completely removed :shock:

In the summer I frequently take it out for long road trips. Helps pull hot air out of the car.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
you are also in california, if i left mine open, it'd be full of snow if i wasn't careful.
...yeah, I forgot about that!! It was beautiful balmy warm here today. I sat out in the sun for an hour just because I could. You are still gettin' much snow??? :-I

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts