Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi first time poster here.I recently sold my S2000 because I wanted something bigger & pay off some bills.

Will $7500 cash get me a decent E?Can I get an 03 with under 100k miles?

I just came back from checking one out.It was an 03 EX AWD with 100k miles.The car had a ton of scratches,cracked winshield,& pitbull bite marks throughout the interior.He said I could have it for $6600..I passed.

I just started looking at Elements so I'm not sure what they're goin for in this economy.I took a big hit on my S2k

thanks
nitty

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
I did a quick search on yahoo and all the Elelements @ that price had over 100K on them
but don't worry, 100K on an Element is not a bad thing - I've got 116K on mine and it runs strong - we have a couple of members with 200K
Just take it to a seperate mechanic you trust and have'em look it over

Good luck in your search and Welcome to the group

·
Registered
6 Posts
$7500 probably is pushing it. But if you are patient and don't mind high miles, you may find one.

I have a friend in the used car business and I recently looked at auction prices - the average 2003 Element was going for around $8K. You could find 03s with over 100K miles and not stellar condition for between $6K and $7k - but the dealer will mark those up $2K to $3K

Best bet is to be patient and try to buy one in a private party sale. that is actually how I bought mine. I was close to having my friend bid on one at the auction (an 04 coming off lease with 72K miles in great condition - it ultimately sold at auction for $10,200), but I found a local 03 with under 50K miles that I ended up buying for less than the $10,200 the 04 sold for

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in the same boat Nitty and hope you have better luck than I've had...or hope you have lower standards than I...lol.

I wouldn't have any trouble finding one if I didn't want a Blue AWD MT 06-07EX (no *-P*)...they truely do not exist :(

·
Registered
727 Posts
In this economy, you might get lucky and find a nice E. I'm sure it would have to be had from a desperate private party. Make sure a good Honda mechanic checks it out and get a carfax. Also keep in mine that tires, even crappy ones will run over $400 and it goes up from there so be sure that's part of the equation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts